How are you securing your home wireless network?

How are you securing your home wireless network?

• WEP - Wired Equivalent Privacy

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • WPA - Wi-Fi Protected Access

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • WPA2 - Wi-Fi Protected Access 2

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • I don’t use wireless encryption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I am glad we had this discussion because it caused me to implement MAC filtering. Once I set it up for our PC's and laptops, it forces my friends' and families' smart phones off the wireless network, and makes them use the cell tower that is a mile away. Makes my downloading a little smoother on WIFI. hahahahaha

So i have my router set to log dhcp requests instead.

I have a program called "wireless network watcher". Will it perform the same function?

amusedgeek

Sep 28, 2012
My Internet connection goes to a WIRED router handing out addresses in the 172.16.x.x range. Connected to this is a wireless router using the 192.168.x.x range with WPA2. I do not bother with the mac filtering because it is too much bother, at least a half dozen new systems connect every week. In addition (and just because Im a cruel bastard) I have a second wireless router set up with WEP - this router is not connected to my network or the internet although I am considering connecting it to a honeypot. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.