Solved How can I remove modules from the registry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3chnopsycho

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Pop-up on startup
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Tried to manually remove the entry via command line. Following the instructions on this site:
http://www.website-go.com/artikel/regsvr32.php
Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question (still new to the forum and need to find what is where exactly).

Anyway I had some issues with virus / trojan and after I was able to remove them I now get the following pop-up message:
upload_2015-6-19_19-34-59.png

According to my own investigation the ac2a.dll is a trojan:
https://www.reasoncoresecurity.com/ac2a.dll-a5b52136f052f19bc890897c0c2eed52c361f28a.aspx

Unfortunately trying to remove it via the instruction in the link posted above (in the section "Steps taken in order to fix the machine:") didn't work.

Can any of you guys advise me on how I can remove this program from my registry so that it doesn't try to load it anymore. It doesn't seem malicious or dangerous but it is really annoying x)

Thanks and cheers

T3chnopsycho

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Did the popup message comes every time after boot?
You can try
CCleaner
ur junk & left over registry trash but make sure u backup ur registry first.
If the message comes after boot then download
Autoruns & look for invalid yellow color entry related ac2a.dll & remove it/untick it.

Upvote 0

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
RunScanner is my favorite, you can always try autoruns (if you see file not found in path, uncheck it).

Reactions: T3chnopsycho
Upvote 0

T3chnopsycho

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2015
Did the popup message comes every time after boot?
You can try
CCleaner
ur junk & left over registry trash but make sure u backup ur registry first.
If the message comes after boot then download
Autoruns & look for invalid yellow color entry related ac2a.dll & remove it/untick it.

It seems cleaning the registry isn't necessary but I'm wondering how can I back up my registry?

RunScanner is my favorite, you can always try autoruns (if you see file not found in path, uncheck it).

Tried autorun but I'll have a look at runscanner as well.

You can try Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) / Autoruns
check ac2a.dll and remove it.

I'll have to try this one out as well. Thanks :)

@T3chnopsycho, you can post your problem here : http://malwaretips.com/forums/malware-removal-assistance.10/

Seem to be symptoms of an incomplete removal of the malware ....

Thanks. I wasn't quite sure but I'll remember for next time (that will hopefully not come ^^)

Thanks to all. I was able to remove it with autoruns. :)

Cheers

T3chnopsycho

Reactions: LabZero and frogboy
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.