How Can I Watch Videos on Any Site Without Flash Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
Can you clarify, in your own words, why you don't want to install or use Adobe Flash Player?
I am mostly using Firefox and this flash player thing always crashed!
A lot of vulnerable holes for exploits.. I read some things that I do not need flash player anymore because HTML5 already won this war against Flash Player. After ESET blog post about privacy and data collection. I ditched from Flash Player.
These are enough reasons for me. I removed Flash and Comodo Dragon. I am using Palemoon browser with Shumway add-on. So far I never need flash player and I have no alerts or popups for flash player. After this, I understood that actually I do not need flash player.
I never play games on browser. I can watch videos without it. So far so good. I feel more secure and private now. Even this feeling is very good reason for removing flash player. I hope I can explain my reasons with my poor english :)

Reactions: frogboy and Moose

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Oh my not the cookie thing again.

Yes, Flash has vulnerabilities (don't go to sites that exploit them).

Your browser has vulnerabilities--especially if it is out of date like any Chrome-based spinoff.

Your OS has vulnerabilities.

YOU have vulnerabilities. heh.

Stop this:
Head-in-Sand.jpg

So what? You personally aren't being identified; you are getting a "token" that identifies user 427. It doesn't know that user 427's name is Stanley, only what flash content, etc. you've viewed. So what.

Do you think this doesn't go on in pretty much everything Internet-related? Your browser, your browser extensions, your OS, your ISP, your search engine. It's is called "Big Data" and nobody cares who you are personally, just how they can target content to you more effectively (which isn't a bad thing). I like it when these things know where my interests are; I then have more opportunities to find what I'm looking for/would be interested in rather than garbage/irrelevant stuff.

d182f65c2e401772f7c5db83bd4ced58.jpg

Anyway, HTML5 isn't fully implemented yet on any browser, so it will be slow to adopt.

Y

yigido

Thread author
It's is called "Big Data" and nobody cares who you are personally, just how they can target content to you more effectively (which isn't a bad thing)
I said it many times, "data is my data". I do not want to share it anyone. I want to keep myself private as possible as I can.
Less software means less collective intelligences. If you want to share your online habits with them, go ahead ;)
But I want to prevent them to do this. People can learn my name etc. on the internet but I give importance to data security and privacy.
I hope you got my point on this question. By the way, thank you for your informations :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.