How can they view me without me having a webcam?

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Hello :D I just hope nobody missed me LOL (or remembered me)
Anyway,so I was at YouTube,as I asked my friend (who lives in another country and has never saw my face) to tell me my IP,where I live,and my face. Surprisingly,they told me where I live,how's my face but they failed to tell my correct IP,is this possible? cause I've no webcam or whatever. I'm confused and worried if anybody can view me without me having webcam,sorry if I'm sounding little bit of noob here :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
They don't have the ability to know your IP unless you will revealing it since one of the private information and vital from location itself. Also it could the information supplied through profile thus they know everything. ;)

Just be vigilant on its behavior caused sometimes they will try to prank out with some certain tools.

(e,g: I have my classmate using a hack tool then knowing my username can control my account like Yahoo Messenger by forcing sign out without notification.)

But that's the different story either.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's possible, but of course they'd have to perform the research.

Especially with public social networks such as Facebook, contains Public Profile photos and Maps of the location you may have been. Also associations with Email addresses and possibly online Nicknames.

However with no webcam, there's no live video feed.

GA4E1

Verified
May 4, 2013
If the user have a webcam, there should be an alert somehow if the webcam is being used correct?

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Edit : They just told me my eye color,my hair,and my skin color. So I can assume it's a coincidence? and no I was not using Facebook,I'm talking about YouTube.

GA4E1

Verified
May 4, 2013
Do you have google plus maybe? Or a picture of you with same username somewhere else in the web?

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013
GA4E1 said:
Do you have google plus maybe? Or a picture of you with same username somewhere else in the web?

Nope,also...a little bit of weird. But sometime later,I thought I saw a flash of a software with some kind of clock thing (I've not installed any kind of that software) as you know,the intro of software,like intro of Snagit when the camera gets top of your screen,I thought I saw a program like that. So I was worried about it.

GA4E1

Verified
May 4, 2013
I do not know what to say Payback. Maybe the user knows you?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The eye, hair and other basic physical characteristics are literally same from the country you've lived so they can tell as correct.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.