Advice Request How can you setup ESET firewall to block all connection except that you allow?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Thales

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Hey

I would like to block everything except windows update and some programs I use regularly.
How can I do that and what is the Firewall mode I should use? Interactive?
Thank you

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
i just looked and what i see is in advance settings you have rules and zones i believe you would set it to policy mode
for your setup but not really sure.This mode is not intended for prolonged use. We recommend that you disable Interactive mode once you have established a set of rules for use in your environment. Use caution when choosing Interactive mode in a corporate environment because inattentive users can accidentally create rules that might expose them to risk or hinder their ability to communicate over the network.

Policy-based mode — Policy-based mode for advanced users. Network communication is handled according to user-defined rules that permit only desired and secure connections. All other unspecified connections will be blocked by the firewall. We recommend that you only select Policy-based mode if you are an administrator who intends to control network communication and you know which applications should be allowed or denied.
hope it helps
venustus is right about that either mode will give alerts
sorry about double post early in florida my bad

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.