How could I get malware with KTS Hardened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Studynxx

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 20, 2023
If I follow Harlan's Guide to NOT trust digitally signed software AND put all apps that can't be categorized into High Restricted as well as the apps that load prior to KTS, how could I get a successful malware infection? Doesn't have to be ransomware, can be anything

Reactions: Nevi and vtqhtr413

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Even with these precautions, you're not entirely immune. You could still get malware through zero-day exploits that antivirus software hasn't caught up with yet, through malicious emails or infected USB drives. Also, if your system or software isn't updated regularly, it may have vulnerabilities that can be exploited. Always keep all software and your OS up to date, be cautious of email attachments and links, and regularly scan your system.

Mar 10, 2024
If I follow Harlan's Guide to NOT trust digitally signed software AND put all apps that can't be categorized into High Restricted as well as the apps that load prior to KTS, how could I get a successful malware infection? Doesn't have to be ransomware, can be anything
You have to try really hard, believe in your self and your ability to do so. Throw away all good habits, get click happy, go to every shady looking site you can find, download tons of applications and extensions, heck even download live malware from sharing sites, If you do try hard enough, the product will not save you from yourself. ;)

Stop me if I'm not making any sense here.

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
You have to try really hard, believe in your self and your ability to do so. Throw away all good habits, get click happy, go to every shady looking site you can find, download tons of applications and extensions, heck even download live malware from sharing sites, If you do try hard enough, the product will not save you from yourself. ;)

It can become a false sense of, I can do anything and go anywhere because I'm "hardened" mentality. I will be just as safe, if not safer using my lowly F-Secure practicing smart, common sense browsing and downloading habits than hardened Kaspersky, or miles upon miles of "layered security". Of 400 personally added scripts here and there all the while actually enjoy using Windows as it was intended for, in home and business use.

Last edited:

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
What are the signs of the infection?

• Thanks
Reactions: Nevi and vtqhtr413

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015

You forgot to recommend downloading every piece of pirated software possible. I recommend pirated Minecraft copies. At least 3 pirate launchers are known malware. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.