Serious Discussion how do i block words on google & my PC?

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
how do i block words on google.com and my computer? it is a windows 10. i have 'windows firewall control'.

thank you in advance.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I can not trust her. her and my mother robbed me of my life savings with knives.
Now that is a tangible evidence, you withdrawing your money and they crediting their accounts. Besides the one, who comes to the police first is usually more trusted.
I am not wrong for taking precautions and protecting myself.
Breaking the law gives her the proof, that you are the one stalking her and giving her future testimony more credibility.
it is my word against hers as per the police.
she may be causing trouble to me right now.
I always wonder how far are people willing to go to protect themselves, even against something as silly as nude pictures made by AI?
Give up money, steal something, kill someone? In order not to make it worse, making it much worse, piling up the evidence against them.

Reactions: Freki123 and enaph
Upvote 0

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
But if Brie's sister is using Brie's PC, doesn't she have the right as the owner, to know, delete etc her sisters search history, that it's not spying when it's on her device?
Then this guy had no right to password-protect his own WiFi that his neighbor thought he had a right to? The example may not quite be apples to apples, but it sounds like the sister needs to get her own device.

Reactions: oldschool
Upvote 0

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
But if Brie's sister is using Brie's PC, doesn't she have the right as the owner, to know, delete etc her sisters search history, that it's not spying when it's on her device?
Then this guy had no right to password-protect his own WiFi that his neighbor thought he had a right to? The example may not quite be apples to apples, but it sounds like the sister needs to get her own device.
He's the owner of the PC however he do not own the rights to her digital content.
He might do whatever he likes on his own account but since his sister has her own account, snooping on her online activities is simply illegal.
And yes - revoke her physical acces to his PC might be the right solution in this case.

Upvote 0

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
He's the owner of the PC however he do not own the rights to her digital content.
He might do whatever he likes on his own account but since his sister has her own account, snooping on her online activities is simply illegal.
And yes - revoke her physical acces to his PC might be the right solution in this case.
she was doing a search on how to cause crime to me. I created her account on my PC. I own it and let her use my PC out of my graciousness. she spy's on me. we need each other to live, but she gets the better deal. I have a legal right to protect myself.

Upvote 0

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
she was doing a search on how to cause crime to me. I created her account on my PC. I own it and let her use my PC out of my graciousness. she spy's on me. we need each other to live, but she gets the better deal. I have a legal right to protect myself.
Sure, you have the right to protect yourself however you have absolutely no right to spy on your sister's online activity - that's illegal.
If you want her to stop doing those things you will have to revoke her access to your computer.
And like I have already said before - the root of your problem is not your sister's online activity but your unhealthy family relationships and that's something we cannot help you with.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Police report? Take legal action?

You do not need to monitor or "spy" on their online activities, and you definitely don't need to block search terms on Google. What if they switch to Bing? Back to square one. Using a DNS at Router Network level can block unsafe and harmful domains.

I recommend that you remove their user accounts from your PC, and to increase your protection, use full-disk encryption to hide your personal data.

By letting them use their own computer, they can surf freely and become fully responsible for their actions. Chromebooks are inexpensive.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.