Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Cannot change default launcher
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Tried to search the internet for answers,
Recently I bought a Coolpad Cool 3 mobile. It runs Android pie.
The problem is that I cannot change my default launcher. The default home app setting is actually not there. In other words in the default apps option page there is no home app present.
Also app lock apps are not working.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
So if you install a third party launcher, the home button still takes you to the default launcher?

Upvote 0

jogs

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
So if you install a third party launcher, the home button still takes you to the default launcher?
Yes, and there is no option to change that.

Coolpad's CoolUI may be preventing the use of third-party launcher apps, as it's happened with phones sold by Asia-based companies for those regions.
For instance, Chinese EMUI 9 blocks 3rd-party launchers on Huawei and Honor devices
Yes I am also suspecting that.
I have chatted with their customer representative and he has told me to visit the service center. I will do that when I get time, but I am trying to solve that myself. Its more fun like that. ;)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.