Introducing AdGuard for Android TV

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In settings, there is an option to restart. By shutdown, I meant turning the TV off with the remote and the switch.
Troubleshoot by turning off with the remote only.

If Adguard resumes protection by not fully shutting down, then that could be your temporary solution - unless another workaround has been found.

If electricity usage is a concern, there's more tips to lower power consumption in the link below.

2021 Update - OLED and LED TV Power Consumption and Electricity Cost
We noticed another trend with the Max Power Consumption: the 4k TVs that require the most power are also some of brightest, which are all LEDs. Even if you get an LED TV, it doesn't mean it will need less power than OLED if you constantly watch HDR content at its max brightness.

Reactions: rashmi

rashmi

Level 7
Jan 15, 2024
Troubleshoot by turning off with the remote only.
I tested it a few times, restarting, shutting down, and powering off with the remote. AdGuard starts in off mode with the TV (in all tests) if I press the back button on the remote to exit the AdGuard screen. AdGuard's startup with the TV was inconsistent (in all tests) if I pressed the home button on the remote to move from the AdGuard screen.

Reactions: Ink

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.