Troubleshoot How do I decrypt a encrypted video file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
I have purchased set of educational videos files. With those videos, seller gave me a special video player with them.These video files are encrypted and only opens in that specialized video player developed by seller. Means extension of those videos is only compatible with that speciallsed video player and not with VLC or other video palyers
Now problem is that video player only works on a single pc and not on other pc. I have to run these video file on my laptop but that application is not running on my laptop or any other pc.

More frustrating thing is, no any single screen capture software works with this video player. When I open that video player and try to open screen capture software, then it is automatically get closed. Means screen capture software cant work with this video player

Now how to extract those video files? I tired all the methods an software mentioned in google search result but all failed.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Hello. What you're about to do is piracy. My contribution is for educational purposes only.
You could use this device to capture the video signal from your graphics card and record. This is not the cheapest option, but perhaps the best. That would be such a device: Live Gamer Portable (LGP) C875 | AVerMedia

This is how it works: You plug the HDMI cable into the device so that there is a connection between your graphics card and the capture device. Then plug a second HDMI cable from the device into your monitor so that you can see something on the monitor during recording. Everything else is self-explanatory.

(You could try this but it'll not work I think: Start the video in a VM and try to record it on your PC. This will probably not work, because the video player has saved your HWID (Hardware ID) to protect the rights of the creator.)

Upvote 0

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Maybe connect to host PC w/video player via TeamViewer and run screen recording from client PC? Or install player in a VM and screen record from VM host? Or run video player in Sandboxie and use local screen recorder (outside of SB). Or Chromecast to external recorder. IDK. Only to allow backup of your purchased wares....

Upvote 0

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Maybe connect to host PC w/video player via TeamViewer and run screen recording from client PC? Or install player in a VM and screen record from VM host? Or run video player in Sandboxie and use local screen recorder (outside of SB). Or Chromecast to external recorder. IDK. Only to allow backup of your purchased wares....
That's a really good idea! Please try it @maanastr !

Upvote 0

ujjwal

Sep 1, 2018
I have purchased set of educational videos files. With those videos, seller gave me a special video player with them.These video files are encrypted and only opens in that specialized video player developed by seller. Means extension of those videos is only compatible with that speciallsed video player and not with VLC or other video palyers
Now problem is that video player only works on a single pc and not on other pc. I have to run these video file on my laptop but that application is not running on my laptop or any other pc.

More frustrating thing is, no any single screen capture software works with this video player. When I open that video player and try to open screen capture software, then it is automatically get closed. Means screen capture software cant work with this video player

Now how to extract those video files? I tired all the methods an software mentioned in google search result but all failed.
please tell me bro also, have you got any way ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.