Not open for further replies.

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

i found the main cause of my windows troubles but how do i add the the boot files into sys 32/boot and into en-US folder

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Re-install Windows is the only way that usually will work because most files include registry entries, unless you known how to manually register each single file it is hopeless.

How did those important files get deleted in the first place?

Thanks. :D

Upvote 0

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Re-install Windows is the only way that usually will work because most files include registry entries, unless you known how to manually register each single file it is hopeless.

How did those important files get deleted in the first place?

Thanks. :D
i don't know how they got deleted

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
you could use a Linux boot cd to mount windows and put the files there and see what happens ?

:)

James

Upvote 0

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
which are the important files that windows need to have in order to boot safely

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
which are the important files that windows need to have in order to boot safely
All Windows is different depending on many factors:

1. OEM Windows will have different files depending on the brand.
2. Installed drivers, software, security products, etc.

You just can not take another system or Windows disk copy the files and hope they will work because it will not.

Did you happened to have dual-boot on your system (Two operating systems installed)?
If only way that I know that these boot files could have got deleted is using a custom boot loader.
Unless it was Gdata with a bad update.

You could try to use your Windows disk to fix boot problems- http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/how-do-i-fix-a-boot-startup-problem Never know it might work.

Enjoy!! :D

Upvote 0

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
All Windows is different depending on many factors:

1. OEM Windows will have different files depending on the brand.
2. Installed drivers, software, security products, etc.

You just can not take another system or Windows disk copy the files and hope they will work because it will not.

Did you happened to have dual-boot on your system (Two operating systems installed)?
If only way that I know that these boot files could have got deleted is using a custom boot loader.
Unless it was Gdata with a bad update.

You could try to use your Windows disk to fix boot problems- http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/how-do-i-fix-a-boot-startup-problem Never know it might work.

no i only dual-boot the system because i was focused to to do it and gdata had nothing to with this and besides its a 0xc0000225 error

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

what is the point to know which files is used to boot if after your system crashes because your registry and other system files don't correspond with it.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
just tell me the folders that windows uses to boot

Did you even read my previous post?

All Windows are different, none are the same. Do you understand now??

It is impossible to copy all correct files to the locations and then manually create registry entries for each file even if you did know what files are needed and nobody will be able to tell you since every system is different.

Use your Windows disk and try to fix system boot from the link I posted if that doesn't work then you have no other option then to reinstall Windows.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

/Boot folder, /windows/boot folder, Bootmgr file, and many others all interdependent. not saying that the boot partition should be present and intactt, etc...

good luck for this quasi-impossible task

@Littlebits / i think he doesn't have a backup or a license key

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.