How do you delete the malware if it's a Systems App?

mazerunner123

Thread author
Apr 14, 2017
I own a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. I've noticed that whenever I turn it on I get this white screen that loads into an ad. I thought it would stop there but while being on apps that don't have ads whatsoever again I am attacked by an ad. I searched on google about it and downloaded the apps that could scan the problem.

They would tell me to uninstall the app which als9 shared the same adholder but the other one is my File Manager App. It cannot be deleted because it's a systems app.

How am I supposed to get rid of it now?

Please help. Eager to read your replies.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
What apps do you have installed that are ad supported? When I had My Singing Monsters on my phone, I would get full screen ads popup at random times. Had to uninstall it to get rid of them.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What's the name of the app(s)?

If the app is pre-installed and cannot be uninstalled, you can disable it. (Settings > Apps). Otherwise uninstall it.

If the app runs as device administrator, which allows full access to Android, you can remove it. (Settings > Security > Device Administrator). Note, Anti-Theft apps and Antivirus apps usually require these rights to keep your device secure.

Trysoft

Level 1
Verified
Oct 25, 2016
What's the name of the app(s)?

If the app is pre-installed and cannot be uninstalled, you can disable it. (Settings > Apps). Otherwise uninstall it.

If the app runs as device administrator, which allows full access to Android, you can remove it. (Settings > Security > Device Administrator). Note, Anti-Theft apps and Antivirus apps usually require these rights to keep your device secure.

You can also try uninstall updates and clearing the data to save some space. The only thing i can think of is to root your phone but that will be tricky especially for a S7 and just to remove an app. Maybe there's some ways to delete system apps without root ( ADB possibly). You're going to do some research i think and head over to the XDA Forums at XDA-Developers Android Forums for these kinda things. Good Luck mazerunner123!

Also Moderators, you might wanna delete the exact same post at Need Help - How do I get rid of the malware if it's in a Systems App? . There wasn't any replies so a new thread was created to bump.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.