• I use Dkim

• I have deployed Dmarc

• I rely on my hosting provider to catch spam

• I use spam filters on my email client

• I use Spam and Blacklist Databases

Results are only viewable after voting.
Antivirus
Vipre
For the members of MT that use their own hosting/email provider ,do you deploy spf and/or dkim and DMARC(curious to learn the policy deployed) to reduce spam levels?

I personally have already deployed Dmarc on my domain with reject as policy.

Last edited:
W

Wave

I use Google Mail and the spam filter works perfectly fine for me so I do not need to do anything additional myself, I almost always never receive any spam into my main Inbox... I only find e-mails which I actually need there. However, if I go into my actual Spam folder, there'll be tons of course... The filter works well for me.

Then again, I only bother reading e-mails I am expecting. If you e-mail me and I wasn't expecting it then it simply won't be read.

Rolo

Level 18
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Bitdefender
I don't like spam filters: it just creates another inbox to check and risks non-delivery of legitimate e-mail.

I use gmail for my primary e-mail. I have it's spam filter disabled. I use it judiciously.

I use Microsoft mail for forums (which always get hacked) and anything I need an e-mail address for but don't care to receive messages normally. (I'll check it when I'm specifically looking for something, like a forum password reset that I triggered.) Microsoft's spam filter cannot be disabled and it is bad about false-positives, making it absolutely useless to me for a messaging platform.

I use harakirimail for everything else (like "give us your e-mail address to download") type stuff.

After years of doing it this way, I have never received spam on my gmail account; I'll happen to see occasional spam on Microsoft (from forums) along with false-positives.

Hence, I have none of the options checked.

Antivirus
Vipre
If you use one of the big players for email hosting like gmail then you have DMARC already enabled. So far it seems no-one is using a hosting provider and therefore use <emai>@<personal domain> ?

W

Wave

If you use one of the big players for email hosting like gmail then you have DMARC already enabled. So far it seems no-one is using a hosting provider and therefore use <emai>@<personal domain> ?
I've used a personal domain before and linked it with Zoho Mail. I'll be using one again in a couple months.

Antivirus
Vipre
Hm i dont get any spam mails at all, lol. Have a protonmail account and for junk i use Blur(donottrackme) fake e-mails and delet them after.
@Janl1992l Do you mask you credit card/phone number as well? The disposable emails are quite good for a free service

Last edited:

McLovin

Level 72
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Trend Micro
Normally for me it would be filters and keywords and I also rely on the Gmail filter system.

Aura

Level 20
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I use Gmail and let them handle the spam. And I don't use my e-mail address to sign-up on shady services/websites, nor do I post it publicly on websites where it can be scrapped.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Bitdefender
Aside from the spam filters, I use "unroll.me", not to receive massive mails of unwanted inscriptions !!