Status
Not open for further replies.

Morvotron

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Hello Malwaretippers!

By making this thread i mean to ask you how you protect your system from malware, hackers, and similar. Which security softwares do you use to defend yourself and your data? And maybe to hide data from family/intruders?

In my case:

• Kaspersky Antivirus, as an antivirus solution
  • MalwareBytes Antimalware, as an antispyware solution
  • Zemana AntiLogger, as a keyboard input, webcam, and a screen recording protection
  • ZoneAlarm Firewall, as a security solution against hackers and controlling incoming and outcoming internet connections
  • TrueCrypt, to encrypt all my data with the best algorithms

Just to highlight, everything works 100% and doesn't slow down my system at all.

What can you tell me about yourself?

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

My realtime protection : AVG Is 2016 ( tweaked )
cryptoware protection : cryptoprevent ( maximum and beta settings )
system hardening : emet 5.5 ( maximum settings )
anti pup : unchecky
on demand : mbam , zemana , eek
chrome is my main browser : https everywhere , crumble , privacyfix and AVG webtuneup , ublock origin as extensions
for online privacy I use peerblock and steganos VPN

avg does slow down my system , but I do not realy care ; I do not game or use heavy photo / video editing software on this machine.

C

CySecy825

My Realtime protection : 360 Total security
Second Line Defense : Xvirus Personal Guard Beta
Exploit prevention : EMET
Anti-keylogging : KeyScrambler free
Anti-PUP : Unchecky
Guick-System infection check (Memory) : Process Explorer
On demand scanners : Mbam, zemana, NPE, CCE and X-sec command line scanner
Browser : Chrome is my favorite browser and Extensions are Ublock origin and Drweb link checker
Online Privacy : CyberGhost VPN Beta license

I play a lot steam games and origin but 360 flags some new updates by their heurestics, little annoying but not biggest concern

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
My Realtime protection : Qihoo 360 TS (cloud only), maxed out
Second Line Defense : HMP.A
Exploit prevention : HMP.A
Anti-keylogging : I hope HMP.A does that job well? :)
Anti-PUP : rely on QTS 360 aggressive HIPS for that
Guick-System infection check (Memory) : Win 10 Task Manager
On demand scanners : HMP paid, ZAM free
Browser : Google Chrome, equipped with ABP, WOT, HTTPS Everywhere, LastPass and last but not least 360 Internet Protection, two little tweaks in Chrome launcher to not show referrers and to be always incognito
Online Privacy : Hope my Chrome Config will be enough, there is no 100% privacy today (even less with Facebook, Google, M$ Win [10]) :)
Firewall: The common Windows one, not really tweaked.
My Win10 devices are PIN-protected, however, nobody else than me is using those machines.

QTS 360 works amazingly for me, I can really live with those seldom FP, it gives me enough control over what happens.
I backup my data (a huge collection of music + pictures for example) on two external HDDs, for documents and some small stuff, M$ One Drive works well to (yes, I trust them, Intel(ligence) might get my data anyway if interested in).

@CySecy825: I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your layout :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.