How do you setup Sandboxie to "stop" keyloggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Be sure your system is clean.
Set up a separate sandbox solely for banking and transactions.

Always flush the entire contents of that sandbox after session is completed so when use it again, it starts empty.Delete > Delete invocations > tick "automatically delete contents of sandbox"
Harden that sandbox by (a) making Google Chrome or(Other) the only program that can access the internet, (b) limiting what can start/run in that sandbox (in my case,Google Chrome), and (c) activating Drop Rights. These settings can be made via Sandboxie Control > Sandbox Settings > Restrictions. I also block access to My Documents (Sandboxie Control > Sandbox Settings > Resource Access > File Access).

Last edited:

Sandboxie Help

From Sandboxie
Verified
Developer
Feb 26, 2016
By default, Sandboxie protects you from Ransomware and....anything. Nothing can get out of the sandbox unless you explicitly allow that. Drivers are not allowed to be installed in the sandbox as well. Yes, deleting the contents of your sandbox routinely is key. Here is a video of SBIE protecting against Cryptolocker...
Sandboxie Isolation Demonstration : Cryptoplocker (Crilock) Ransomware

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.