How does avast! Antivirus work and detect malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk3llgamerZDay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Just a curios person trying to build my own antivirus and I currently use Avast! I was wondering how those MD5 antivirus's (or avast!) detect malware. I know of Violasoft which is pretty crappy but I just want to create one as a experiment. I found a open source project on YouTube but the code doesn't make any sense to me. I've been programming in vb since I was 8 or 9 and would really like to advance. Should I find another easier project to do or can someone try to tell me not how to code them but just..how they work. Thanks ~ Flames

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Well, first it installs it on your system, and then it finds it and prompts you.

JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING ;)

Hang tight. Someone surely knows.

G

Guest28

"The huge numbers of CommunityIQ member's create a "cloud" of sensors that gives us a real-time snapshot of the threats posed by websites across the internet," said Vince Steckler, CEO of avast! maker ALWIL Software. "Our cloud gives a huge time-sensitive amount of data on the state of malware and viruses across the web." Globally, the 1Q'2010 set of data includes 252,000 infected domains which were visited and identified through 11.9 million visits by CommunityIQ members.

sk3llgamerZDay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Thanks :) I was just curios. P.S should I focus on something smaller than an AV? I heard it costs a lot of money and time. Maybe simple .BAT programs to kill rouges and crap? Sorta like RKill? Maybee..?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Im thinking something a little smaller might be a better undertaking.However don't let anyone tell you you can't do it,even if you give it a try and fail I am sure you will have come away with more knowledge.

Reactions: Gnosis
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.