Advice Request How does one use the "Disable/Install" button?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
I'm trying to use the Disable/install button, but Voodooshield keeps reverting to "ON". I thought that this setting should be used for the installation of programs.

I also have DefenderUI installed in Interactive mode.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I'm trying to use the Disable/install button, but Voodooshield keeps reverting to "ON". I thought that this setting should be used for the installation of programs.

I also have DefenderUI installed in Interactive mode.
Have a look at the reactivation settings:

1654015973951.png

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
You are not using Defender Ui Pro by chance? Because it shouldn't be combined with VS.
I think I never used that VS mode. I expect VS to get the install of new software done in Autopilot or Smart mode (without dozens of user prompts).

Reactions: M4RT1NE2

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
Sometimes I find myself using mode: disable / install but I have no problems with it.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that you are using DefenderUI ?

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
Email @danb at support at voodooshield.com
You can try turning off "Automatically reactivate after 300 seconds".
I tried turning off that setting, but it didn't fix the problem.

You are not using Defender Ui Pro by chance? Because it shouldn't be combined with VS.
I think I never used that VS mode. I expect VS to get the install of new software done in Autopilot or Smart mode (without dozens of user prompts).
I'm not using the pro version, but the free one.

• Sad
Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Voodooshield. Based on a very quick test, the settings now work properly. However, I'll give it a few more hours before reaching a final conclusion and I'll report here accordingly..

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.