Advice Request How good is Avast ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is Avast one of the best?

• Yes it is the best

• Yes it is one of the best

• Its good

• Its bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winizsol

Level 2
Verified
Jan 19, 2017
So my qeustion is how good is Avast ;)
Hey, @Xsjx!
I completely agree with @Winter Soldier.
It is one of the best.
It is (also) free, well configurable with the possibility to choose what to install during the setup.
Keep in mind that the best does not exist.
Avast's free AntiVirus is really good, I have used it for 3+ years, but the premium solution does not worth it.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Hey, @Xsjx!
I completely agree with @Winter Soldier. Avast's free AntiVirus is really good, I have used it for 3+ years, but the premium solution does not worth it.
I want to buy Premier ;) but is there any better products or keep it with Avast?

It is one of the best.
It is (also) free, well configurable with the possibility to choose what to install during the setup.
Keep in mind that the best does not exist.

Is Avast fully configered good against everything?

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avast Free is one of the highly recommend Antivirus software for Windows and Mac. It's simple, yet effective against malware with it's multiple layers of protection; Signatures + Cloud, CyberCapture, Hardened Mode, Web Shield and other technologies.

For more details you can visit Avast Support (Help Files).

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Avast IS and Premier have a good firewall, it protects well but like I said the absolute protection does not exist.
Okay so its pretty good :)

Avast Free is one of the highly recommend Antivirus software for Windows and Mac. It's simple, yet effective against malware with it's multiple layers of protection; Signatures + Cloud, CyberCapture, Hardened Mode, Web Shield and other technologies.

For more details you can visit Avast Support (Help Files).

So it has some more layers than Avira ;) Thx for help!

Reactions: Winter Soldier

mostafa96

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 2, 2015
I want to buy Premier ;) but is there any better products or keep it with Avast?

Is Avast fully configered good against everything?

there 1 year giveaway for Internet security version no need to buy

Jimy Pérez

Level 1
Jun 10, 2016
Hello, Avast free has the best and excellent protection against all kinds of digital threats that exists in the world of cybersecurity.
Do not hesitate, with avast you will have a solid alternative to the paid ones. Also, has analysis during the boot windows that most want to ask. :)

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
If you will spend money on an AntiVirus product, then I would recommend Emsisoft AntiMalware (or Internet Security), BitDefender or Kaspersky.
I like more Programs that have a free program also becus they can get a larger database from the users who use it.

Winizsol

Level 2
Verified
Jan 19, 2017
I like more Programs that have a free program also becus they can get a larger database from the users who use it.
BitDefender has great signatures and has a free version. Emsisoft uses the BitDefender signatures too.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
BitDefender has great signatures and has a free version. Emsisoft uses the BitDefender signatures too.
I had emsisoft but just dont like it its to small to be great and bitdefender.... idk i think Avast fully optimized is better ;)

Reactions: catjc

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Avast is probably the most powerful free antivirus. However if you want to buy a solid AV product I recommend you to try Kaspersky/Bitdefender.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Avast is probably the most powerful free antivirus. However if you want to buy a solid AV product I recommend you to try Kaspersky/Bitdefender.
So is avast premier a bad choice?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So is avast premier a bad choice?
You can achieve identical levels of protection with Avast Free.

Additional features can be found in paid versions, but does not include all that avast has to offer. For example, Avast Premier does NOT include use for SecureLine VPN, CleanUp, Mobile Security Pro, Passwords Premium etc. This must be purchased separately, on top of your Premier license.

I suggest using Free for about a month, and see how it works out for your PC.

Reactions: Andytay70 and Xsjx
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.