Advice Request How good is Avast ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is Avast one of the best?

• Yes it is the best

• Yes it is one of the best

• Its good

• Its bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
You can achieve identical levels of protection with Avast Free.

Additional features can be found in paid versions, but does not include all that avast has to offer. For example, Avast Premier does NOT include use for SecureLine VPN, CleanUp, Mobile Security Pro, Passwords Premium etc. This must be purchased separately, on top of your Premier license.

I suggest using Free for about a month, and see how it works out for your PC.
Hmm doenst it have basic cleanup?

R

Rodney74

This is non scientific, but it is my opinion after building, and spending a lot of time with my PC.

This years Avast Premium is the fastest security solution I have ever tried.

Opening apps is much faster, surfing the web doesn't slow at all, and gaming is unfazed. No one else comes close, including limited single solutions with just Windows defender. 2nd place was Comodo Free Firewall, with Avira, 3rd was Comodo Firewall with Windows Defender.

This is on a clean install, backed up with Macrium, restored each time "fresh" when trying new software or security solutions.

Hats off to Avast, settings custom per jack here on MWT.Com

Reactions: sunshineboy

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Avast by far. Been using it for about 10 years. (Free version) Haven't gotten infected yet. Follow Jack's guide and your good. All you basically need is the protection shields and maybe Safezone as a secondary browser... :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Then i think ill just stick with Avira but Spawn, DO u know any second opinion free realtime protection for by Avira?
Avira doesn't not have a CleanUp tool either, not without a license. Try Avast Free and go on from there.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does avast Premier have a Tuneup in it?
Yes, it's included in Avast Free to Premier, but you need to purchase a license for Avast Cleanup for PC.
Cleanup | Optimize, clean & speed up my PC | Avast

I have not used Avast Cleanup and cannot comment on it's effective against other similar software, however, I can recommend freeware options such as CCleaner as it's works very well without paying a fee. Others may use their preferred software.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Yes, it's included in Avast Free to Premier, but you need to purchase a license for Avast Cleanup for PC.
Cleanup | Optimize, clean & speed up my PC | Avast

I have not used Avast Cleanup and cannot comment on it's effective against other similar software, however, I can recommend freeware options such as CCleaner as it's works very well without paying a fee. Others may use their preferred software.
hmm... isnt included thats not great... but if ccleaner does the thing it would be fine tough?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
hmm... isnt included thats not great... but if ccleaner does the thing it would be fine tough?
Yes, that's most people here would recommend. You can download a Slim build of CCleaner from Builds page, portable also available. A Professional version is available for Automatic program updates, Auto-cleaning and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.