Status
Not open for further replies.

uxbal

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 10, 2016
Hi,

So, I need to protect my computer, had no luck with ESET not working and Panda causing BSOD's, so I'm now evaluating other options for a comprehensive protection (antivirus, antimalware, would be nice to protect banking, web browser and have a firewall) that I have offers to get quite cheap from my local vendors. Since there's no general topic, I'll ask on the subforums of the possible options. So, how good is F-Secure Internet Security? How good are their labs and engineers? Are the lab tests really that good?

I see they are one of the choices that use bitdefender's engine? Is there a special reason they do that and why would then someone rather use F-Secure instead of BitDefender? Is there a special reason they don't develop their own engine?

Any advice would be nice... Thank you.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
It is a Nice product a it's ease of use is superb! The interface is Nice and clean and deepguard as stated before is excellent! It does not come with it's OWN develloped firewall but f-secure makes use of a Windows firewall booster , which is fine on Windows 10 computers. I have been using this product , a Rebrand offered For free by my lsp For two months. Uninstalled it because the program started to have memorys spikes ( leakage? ) at 100% cpu that lasted For 20 minutes or more at a time. They make use of bitdfender as one of their engines but the suite comes Packers with two more engines which are high likely their own. Their customer support is good , as is their support forums! Good luck in making your final descission. And I hope I could help you out a bit , on making a choice.

Last edited:

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
this is a very good product light and not aggressive for the system easy to use.
the product has a good detection rate.
some time ago I have used this program, but I finished my license, I would gladly return to this firmware if it were possible that I managed to win it.
the program is worthy of our attention and install it.:)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
In the past I have had the pleasure of participating in the F-Secure beta program, and have found it
to be a suitable solution, and the scores they are receiving as of late are impressive.
I think if you opt for F-Secure you will get your moneys worth.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Have F secure at work and it works great and doesn't annoy you often. I prefer Bitdefender but it's buggy at some systems so you need to test it for the full trial and see if it's ok for your system.
If not or can't be bothered to test Bitdefender go for F-Secure. It's a solid product.
If you go with Bitdefender don't make a Bitdefender account because they don't have 2 step authentication. Login using Facebook,Google,Microsoft account that does have it especially if you get a bitdefender product that has drive wipe capabilities.

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Detection rate is absolutely top notch, and F-secure has great URL scanner and DeepGuard is pretty good. Overall, this program is incredibly easy in use, it hasn't any advanced settings for antivirus and DeepGuard (good for noobs, quite bad for advanced users), so it provides excellent protection right after installation. Banking Protection is a little bit weird but I guess it works as it should be. I like that it doesn't have any fancy features like other AV's. It just provides an excellent protection and that's all.
I believe it's highly underrated AV, in terms of protection (not fancy features or UI) it's sometimes even better than big fishes like Kaspersky.

robin hood

Level 4
Verified
Dec 12, 2012
ago 7-8 days during installation, F-security found ZemanaAM incompatible and sought to remove.I stopped the installation F-secure.(sorry for bad english)

Reactions: Xtwillight

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Hi,

So, I need to protect my computer, had no luck with ESET not working and Panda causing BSOD's, so I'm now evaluating other options for a comprehensive protection (antivirus, antimalware, would be nice to protect banking, web browser and have a firewall) that I have offers to get quite cheap from my local vendors. Since there's no general topic, I'll ask on the subforums of the possible options. So, how good is F-Secure Internet Security? How good are their labs and engineers? Are the lab tests really that good?

I see they are one of the choices that use bitdefender's engine? Is there a special reason they do that and why would then someone rather use F-Secure instead of BitDefender? Is there a special reason they don't develop their own engine?

Any advice would be nice... Thank you.

what about Emsi AV/ IS
engine of Bitdefender and from BB Emsi.
That is my Favourite

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
ago 7-8 days during installation, F-security found ZemanaAM incompatible and sought to remove.I stopped the installation F-secure.(sorry for bad english)
That's true, F-Secure is very paranoid when it comes to other security software. Too paranoid. I understand situation whem it detects other normal AV but not software like Zemana.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
what about Emsi AV/ IS
engine of Bitdefender and from BB Emsi.
That is my Favourite
This is actually the best idea if he can get a deal at the price of the other products he found.

rupeshkj

Level 7
Verified
Oct 31, 2013

Used F-Secure And Zemana AM before and using Zemana Anti - Logger since few months no issue till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.