Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Now that Virus Total has stricter rules for third-party security apps using their service, some apps have moved to Jotti instead.
How good is it?
It looks like they have some big names participating, such as bitdefender, kaspersky, eset, avg, and others.
But how does this service size up to Virus Total?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Now that Virus Total has stricter rules for third-party security apps using their service, some apps have moved to Jotti instead.
How good is it?
It looks like they have some big names participating, such as bitdefender, kaspersky, eset, avg, and others.
But how does this service size up to Virus Total?
afaik, it is of course not as good as VT but it is x10 faster than VT if we upload new files. I uploaded something on VT but it took ages to process but jotti was extremely fast. VT is unstable sometimes it blocked me from accessing
opswat is also slow

I think moving to jotti is a good move
I don't know if jotti has any limitation in the number of uploaded files but I heard VT allows only 4 files per hour or day?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
afaik, it is of course not as good as VT but it is x10 faster than VT if we upload new files. I uploaded something on VT but it took ages to process but jotti was extremely fast. VT is unstable sometimes it blocked me from accessing
opswat is also slow

I think moving to jotti is a good move
I don't know if jotti has any limitation in the number of uploaded files but I heard VT allows only 4 files per hour or day?
It's stated 5 files per upload with 50MB limit per file

Jotti's malware scan

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
It's stated 5 files per upload with 50MB limit per file

Jotti's malware scan
I mean that VT allows us to upload maximum 4 files/hour
jotti allows us to upload 5 files at the same time but so far I have seen no limit for the number of uploaded files per hour
it means AV like secureaplus can upload more files to the cloud and analyze instead of waiting for 1 hour for VT to reset its limitation

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well you can expect that a very fresh samples which malicious, perhaps can show some bypass for Jotti, since it holds fewer major engine names compare to Virustotal.

But the optimization on uploading service is reliable because of not so heavy in response time.

Reactions: XIII and Dirk41

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.