Advice Request How good is SecureAPlus?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Yash Khan : Well you're correct, I've recalled way back before that Voodoshield AI requires internet in order to determine accurate result besides on VT.

Hence simply Voodoshield will still prevent despite of unknown rating, since it captures which programs are not in the system after the snapshot learning process.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I simply can't understand why people complain so much about the job of a product when the internet is disconnected. I personally always have a internet connection when using my pc. Second fact: how can you download a malicious file when not connected (you can still be infected by infected flash drive though).. And.. Why a beginner should download a malicious file and then disconnect the internet to execute it?

M

MalwareBlockerYT

I simply can't understand why people complain so much about the job of a product when the internet is disconnected. I personally always have a internet connection when using my pc. Second fact: how can you download a malicious file when not connected (you can still be infected by infected flash drive though).. And.. Why a beginner should download a malicious file and then disconnect the internet to execute it?
Same I don't get it...When was the last time you executed a new (as in just downloaded) program on your Host when you didn't have an internet connection?

Personally if I lose internet connection I don't use my PC because the majority of things you do a computer require an internet connection. Unless the malicious file is on your Host whilst you've lost internet connection then you're fine. Also the thing with VoodooShield is you're not really meant to run it on it's own - it's a program you run with other security products to boost security so in theory if you have a decent AV product then you'll still be fine.

Since you have no internet connection anyway you cannot download any files, the malicious file cannot communicate with any other server - so it cannot for example download any other malware. You also still have to execute the file yourself - physically click on the file to run the application & even without an internet connection VoodooShield will ask you if you want to Allow or Block the file. If you are sensible you want run the file whilst you have no internet connection, you will go and sort out your internet connection issue first ;)

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
I found this program to be buggy. SecureAPlus borked my system with it's whitelist app after trying to uninstall it.

Did not remove all of the app completely. Infact it locked my files to the previously installed whitelist part of SecureAPlus.

I had to reinstall the app again and uninstall it again to remove the file system lock on my machine.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Same I don't get it...When was the last time you executed a new (as in just downloaded) program on your Host when you didn't have an internet connection?

Personally if I lose internet connection I don't use my PC because the majority of things you do a computer require an internet connection. Unless the malicious file is on your Host whilst you've lost internet connection then you're fine. Also the thing with VoodooShield is you're not really meant to run it on it's own - it's a program you run with other security products to boost security so in theory if you have a decent AV product then you'll still be fine.

Since you have no internet connection anyway you cannot download any files, the malicious file cannot communicate with any other server - so it cannot for example download any other malware. You also still have to execute the file yourself - physically click on the file to run the application & even without an internet connection VoodooShield will ask you if you want to Allow or Block the file. If you are sensible you want run the file whilst you have no internet connection, you will go and sort out your internet connection issue first ;)
sometimes you are on wifi with a spotty connection that comes and goes.

kaerula3

Level 1
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
True but surely you wouldn't start executing programs when you know you that need to reconnect to the wifi - Reconnecting to the internet would be my priority then opening the programs I want to run.
That's more about how you & I would act than many other average Joe would. Malicious files don't only come from the net, but also, for example, via USBs, downloaded files, etc...

M

MalwareBlockerYT

That's more about how you & I would act than many other average Joe would. Malicious files don't only come from the net, but also, for example, via USBs, downloaded files, etc...
True but even if you don't have an internet connection you can block the application from running. I just tested NVT ERP vs VoodooShield & with an internet connection VoodooShield is much better & without an internet connection they are effectively the same application. NVT ERP doesn't give you a VirusTotal report or anything it just tells you that you're trying to run an "Unknown process". How is that helpful to the average Joe either?

kaerula3

Level 1
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
Well I was about common security suites that many Joe still using instead of adding my (possibly your) beloved & must-have anti-executable; also about what they would do while no internet connection: actively execute files. They could even be tricked by malicious files disguising as documents, musics...

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
NVT ERP doesn't give you a VirusTotal report or anything it just tells you that you're trying to run an "Unknown process". How is that helpful to the average Joe either?
the main idea is to shake your brain awake so you can make an intelligent decision, before the click-instinct gets control of you.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is there no Password-Protection to prevent users from reconfiguring the settings from Lockdown to Interactive?

I read on their Support forum that they don't.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I tried it last year and found it take ages to whitelist then once that completed it had issues where it couldn't connect to their servers.
Apart from that i liked it.

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Too lazy to read all the pages of this software.

My experience is , well i could quote ^Andytay70 ...as far as ....their servers.
Then, i didnt like it at all, it has really hard time connect to their servers and when it connected it crash, didnt last long when "Revo" handle the rest!

Edit: & GUI, yuck!

DC47561

Level 3
Verified
Feb 3, 2017
I do not like the notifications or the advertising. I would personally like an option to disable the adverts without having to pay and renewing the free subscription.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi anyone using this right now ,are you gettting error code 58 the specified server cannot perform the requested operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.