Advice Request How important is Ads and Tracker blocking from a safety point of view

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Yes. NextDNS is my first line of defense. I have it set up on all devices that allow custom DNS and I haven't hit the cap for the free tier yet.

DNS is essential because literally 100% of my devices do not run Windows so I'm relying on NextDNS to do essential blocking for my Macbook, my PS5, my smart TV, my phone, my Router and anything that connects to it including my backup server. Not resolving phony domains is my first layer of defense, and it's shocking to see how many tracking and malvertising websites these devices naturally connect to without my knowledge. Remember security is also about being in control of what type of data enters and leaves your computer. It doesn't always have to be classical malware. Sometimes it's the good companies that do the most damage.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.