How long ago did I post about Chrome??

Status
Not open for further replies.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi Just wondering how long ago was it that I posted about Chrome being attacked by malware and seniors in my retirement village complaining about Chrome causing them all kinds of grief. Is there a archive some where that shows where I got in trouble for replying in the malware section by mistake helping a MT member with a corrupted Chrome browser. It seems very common now for our malware section to recommend uninstalling and reinstalling a corrupted Chrome browser. I'm just saying and maybe tooting my horn a little;I'm out here in the middle of these things every day and maybe I just might know what's going on in the real world. Not the VM world; the real world. Thanks @Jack for letting me be who I am on your great forum. I know I'm to windy, to friendly, and to old, but I always give it my best shot!;):rolleyes:
PS I'm still not seeing Chrome fixing this. Am I missing some thing??o_Oo_O

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Maybe they know already?? Hope they Get-er-Done;)
http://www.eweek.com/cloud/google-strengthens-chrome-browser-to-prevent-malware-downloads.html

I'm really not convinced Google Chrome! Please convince this old Okie country boy that you are aware of what's going on with Chrome!!
Sorry MT. I just get crazy some times!! maybe this will remind you when old Okie first posted about Chrome.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
http://malwaretips.com/threads/i-cannot-re-install-chrome-please-help.39220/

I'm sure you have robots on MT Google. Are you listening to your robots??:D:D
I know I'm to windy, to friendly and to old.:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Chrome is a stable browser, thing is novice people at computer will end with any browser getting infected, regardless of it being chrome or not.
I recommend you to try quiho 360 browser, it's based on chromium and is tweaked to be safer at being infected with malware/adware. You can get it here:
http://www.360safe.com/browser.html

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Chrome is a stable browser, thing is novice people at computer will end with any browser getting infected, regardless of it being chrome or not.
That's fair enough ! My seniors are trusting people and they are novice people. They are trusting people. It's not happening with other browsers.
Google Chrome sucks and they need to fix this. I don't care any more if I'm in trouble for this or not. I know what I see. I'm not in the VM world; I'm in the real world.:mad::mad::mad: I'm not a happy camper!!

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
That's fair enough ! My seniors are trusting people and they are novice people. They are trusting people. It's not happening with other browsers.
Google Chrome sucks and they need to fix this. I don't care any more if I'm in trouble for this or not. I know what I see. I'm not in the VM world; I'm in the real world.:mad::mad::mad: I'm not a happy camper!!
Force them to use Firefox.

Reactions: donetao

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Force them to use Firefox.
:D:D I do my friend. You are very wise for 23. I don't force them; I just suggest Firefox.;):cool:They trust me here at Golden Oaks and they like me because I never charge 1 cent for my help. I do get lots of cobblers and hugs. That's all I want. I have all the money I need. I have been blessed with wind power on my wife's farm;)

I think I have been to windy, to friendly, and to old once again.:D:D:D. Why is it so strange to everyone that the number one browser is being attacked by arse holes. I'm not surprised !! There is a browser war out there my friends and who really knows who is causing these problems. I sure don't know! This is the malware talk section, isn't it???

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Oxygen

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
:D:D I do my friend. You are very wise for 23. I don't force them; I just suggest Firefox.;):cool:They trust me here at Golden Oaks and they like me because I never charge 1 cent for my help. I do get lots of cobblers and hugs. That's all I want. I have all the money I need. I have been blessed with wind power on my wife's farm;)

I'd force them to use Firefox only if it was for a good reason, but other than that they can pick the browser they want. Either you pick a browser that gets infected in seconds or a browser that doesn't constantly get infected. It's great that you help people for free, but some people would appreciate a small donation for the help they have given. Sometimes I give out donations to people who I think deserve the money, I don't really need the money, but I love to try and help people who might need it.

I hope you keep helping the seniors with the issues they may have, it's a nice thing of you to do even if it's a small job. If only someone made a OS designed for seniors; however I don't do research on this so I don't know if there is a OS made for seniors specifically.

I'm not wise all the time, but I'm wise most of the time and sometimes when not intended. I spent most of my life learning about anything computer related just to help people with basic knowledge with any issue or questions they may have. I don't know everything about them yet; However I am almost there.

If it wasn't for my willingness to help people, I would have probably never got interested in computers or technology.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
They have have a OS designed for seniors, but it's a bit pricey. One person in my village has it!
It uses Linux OS and is almost fool prof for seniors. I'm in the real world my friend.Not the VM world. I see these things every day.
Thank you for your reply!
All you do is touch one of them, from the Web, Email, Calendar, to Games -- you name it... and that screen opens up. It’s so easy to use you won’t have to ask your children or grandchildren for help, and you don’t have to worry about viruses or freeze-ups.

Until now the very people who could benefit most from Email and the Internet are the ones that have had the hardest time accessing it. Now, thanks to the WOW! Computer, countless older Americans are discovering the wonderful world of the Internet every day. Isn’t it time you took part?
http://www.firststreetonline.com/Electronics amp Gadgets/Computer amp Office/WOW Computer with 22 Inch Monitor.axd

Last edited:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I live in the real world; not the VM world. Thanks @Fedora for your support here on MT;)
Once I start writing I feel "smarter" about things, I like to try to organize my writing.

I'm tired right now, so I might have messed up a bit.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Firefox gets infected easily as well, unless you install some extensions on it. Quiho 360 browser in the other hand comes install and use, with security tweaks and extensions to make it safer, it's actually updated since I tested and they have added a lot of features.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Firefox gets infected easily as well, unless you install some extensions on it. Quiho 360 browser in the other hand comes install and use, with security tweaks and extensions to make it safer, it's actually updated since I tested and tehy have added tons of features.

I'll have to test that sometime later today. Firefox can get infected, but the chances of it getting infected is lower than chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.