mkoundo

Level 2
hi, hope i can tag onto this thread. I'm seeing quite a lot of write activity on my ssd by emsisoft anti malware. What is your opinion; is it a lot?
thank you

Attachments

ItsReallyMe

Level 5
hi, hope i can tag onto this thread. I'm seeing quite a lot of write activity on my ssd by emsisoft anti malware. What is your opinion; is it a lot?
thank you
thank you
Your pc written 7.555 GB per hour which is a lot! It happened to me too, no matter whatever I tried, PC written around 8Gb per hour but recently I saw its only writing like 3GB per hour! Unsure why is that!

ItsReallyMe

Level 5
I
hi, did you remove microsoft photos? If yes, did you notice any change?
thanks
I didn't remove microsoft photos or anything, I moved my google and firefox cache folders to hard disk and and i tried disabling Page file, disable hibernate and made Less space for system recovery and even Disabled Superfretch but still only achieved like 7GB writes per hour which is too much.So it was not very useful in reducing the writes to SSD. But after 4 months I saw now its writing very low amount of data like around 3 GB per hour! I didn't do any major change! Unsure how it happened

plat1098

Level 20
Verified
By any chance, do you use Firefox? Back in the day, there was this settings adjustment in the flags for Firefox that drastically reduced writes to your SSD. Haven't used Firefox in a really long long time so I don't know if that issue is still there and amenable to adjusting. It's a "browser session store" entry via the flags, easy to search it.

If it's not relevant to you, disregard this. But I had this problem, big time. GBs of writes a day. I changed the parameter value to like 300000 instead of the default and the writes dropped dramatically.

blacksheep

Level 3
Should I run process explorer for around 8 hours and then check disk writes after that? Right?
Btw how to check total usage in columns? It seems like I can save file only in txt, but not in excel :(

Last edited: