How many times do you runs your antivirus full scan each year?

How many times do you run your antivirus full scan each year?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • 4 - 8

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • 8 - 13

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • 13 - 15

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 20+

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Never, i dont have/need an AV installed.

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
Antivirus scans your computer does not wish for this time, I am of the scanners such as Mbam, Zemana Anti Malware and EEK, besides Antivirus itself from time to time he scans the computer once a month.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I do once in a month a full scan with my main AV only and every two months full scan with main AV and other tools like Mbam, hitman pro and herdprotect. Maybe a bit too much, but I swear on a clean system :)

Reactions: frogboy

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
I actually never do full scans and quick scans once in a while mostly with EEK.

If you have a resident AV then there's almost no need in files scan at all. Maybe WiFi scans of some usefulness.

Last edited:

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Once a month with Zemana AM scan time just under 2 min and MBAM threat scan time just under 7 min

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For on demand scanners well less than 5 only just for verification purpose, but fully on Full Scan since my usual cycle is from school works, forum and watching videos on FB/Youtube.

Other than that, VM will be my testing environment which never encounter any problematic issues.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
me, once a month I run 360 TS, Hitman pro or Malwarebytes free. Until now 0 threats detected.
Symantec endpoint take much time to do a full system scan :(

Reactions: frogboy
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

AVG does a deep scan of my system one time a week , just like zemana and mbam. I also run adwcleaner , jrt once a month! I am simply obsessed by sqeaky clean system! :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.