How many users does Norton have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

it would also be interesting to know the same about McAfee(i know they have many buisness accounts)

Reactions: aragornnnn

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
About how many users does norton have?
According to the OPSWAT report from November 2015, Symantec has a market share of 6.1%. - Anti-malware Vendor and Encryption Product Market Share Report
Opswat.jpg

L

LabZero

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Usually the number of users that will claimed by majority of AV goes to be 250 million users + which likely subdivided through different types of environment and other scales.

Other than that, Symantec is a highly respectable and legitimate company which offers a massive adjustment on Norton products.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Symantec Marketshare 2016

Protecting 175 millions of endpoints worldwide.... Not bad and being a recognized industry leader for the past 14 years in a row across their entire portfolio.
Not bad considering the very long way Norton/Symantec did come.
The amount of failures, problems and missteps either by Symantec itself or by the actions of third parties is just staggering and could have caused them to be phased out. Yet it speaks volumes to see them still going strong it is also a tell tale story about how much backbone their marketing department has, since these guys worked overtime to undo most of the damage and still keep the clients happy.
And IMO that on its own is a remarkably nice achievement.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
According to the OPSWAT report from November 2015, Symantec has a market share of 6.1%. - Anti-malware Vendor and Encryption Product Market Share Report
View attachment 118692

Thanks for the post. OPSWAT is a good company, and I'm sure this is mostly accurate, but some things jump out at me. Spybot premium has more subscribers than Bitdefender and McAfee? :confused: Have we ever encountered anybody who uses the paid version of Spybot as their AV? Given the popularity of free AVs, ESET coming out ahead of AVG surprises me. (Of course I'm not saying it doesn't deserve to be ahead of AVG.) If we're going to talk about market "share", it seems inappropriate to include Malwarebytes premium when it is marketed and, presumably in most cases utilized, as a second line of defense. I'm sure others will see it differently. :D

Reactions: Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.