How much do you pay PER YEAR for security products/subscriptions?

CaptnAmerca

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2016
Just a general question out of curiosity.

How much do you pay per year for various security subscriptions, products, etc?

I prefer to find lifetime licenses, for obvious reasons. I currently have a lifetime license for Sandboxie, Shadow Defender and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

I also have annual subscriptions for Avira AV and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

This was for a brand new computer setup, so I'm probably up to $200 this year, but only about $50 or so are renewable subscriptions.

How much does your setup cost per year?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Calculating.... $0.00 for 12 devices (Laptops, Mobiles & Tablets), per year.

If you can secure your devices for less, then I would take that opportunity.

Food for thoughts:
When you buy a Windows, OS X or Linux computer, you are guaranteed free updates to ensure your system stays resistant against latest threats and vulnerabilities.

N

Noxx

EMSISOFT Internet Security - $49.99
Shadow Defender (Lifetime) - $0.00 giveaway
Voodooshield (Freemium) - $0.00
ADGUARD Premium - $0.00, came free with EMSISOFT purchase.
IVACY VPN (comes with security features) - $22/yr

I could probably pay nothing for EMSISOFT IS with the refer program, but I don't want to nag people, lol.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
At the moment nothing. Was going to buy Appguard but they made it yearly licenses before i had the chance to grab a lifetime license.
I am beta testing Rehips and will be paying for it next year when my license expires. Other than this everything else i use has a lifetime license.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
The only thing that I pay for is my CyberGhost VPN subscription ($20), and that is a must because I would like a reputable company to be handling my information seeing that VPNs transmit almost all if not all of your information from the computer to the web.

Other than that I take part in giveaways and extended trials to make sure that my security is not compromised but remains $0.

I am currently using an extended trial version of ESET and I have a lifetime license for Zemana Antimalware for being the first wave of beta testers.

I also have a lifetime license for malwarebytes antimalware but I hardly run it on my system now that I have zemana working for me.

I also make use of free products such as malwarebytes anti exploit and MC Shield USB scanner to increase the layers of protection I have.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Eset SS - extended trial 6 months still going strong.
Zemana AM - Lifetime License from Beta testing
Zemana Antilogger - giveaway
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium - MT giveaway
Shadow Defender - giveaway
IDM - giveaway
SAP freemium - perpetual license(gave to a friend)
ReHips- Beta License
Jondonym proxy - free channels

The only thing I paid for this year was Easesus Todo Backup home lifetime license for 1.74$ for a friend from a hot deal(posted by myself):D

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Eset SS - extended trial 6 months still going strong.
Zemana AM - Lifetime License from Beta testing
Zemana Antilogger - giveaway
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium - MT giveaway
Shadow Defender - giveaway
IDM - giveaway
SAP freemium - perpetual license(gave to a friend)
ReHips- Beta License
Jondonym proxy - free channels

The only thing I paid for this year was Easesus Todo Backup home lifetime license for 1.74$ for a friend from a hot deal(posted by myself):D
Good job :) You probably saved lot's of money :) And you shared some goodies with others, honourable :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.