How Much Privacy Is Your Browser Providing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
To prevent web sites from learning all about you and your browsing habits, you need to enable various security settings in your browser. You may also choose to install one or more browser extensions to automatically configure your browser for optimum privacy. But having done all that, just how well is everything working to protect your identity online?

Is there an easy way to find out?

It's a web site which will attempt to identify you from your browser. But instead of then using that information for its own purposes, it reports the data back to you, so you know just how much personal data your PC is divulging.

To test your browser you simply need to head to Panopticlick and then click on the Test Me button to start the process.

de.jpg

Source:
How Much Privacy Is Your Browser Providing?

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Cyberfox Intel x64 version 43.0.2
Privacy-related Plugins: uBlock Origin | uBlock Origin filter lists: uBlock filters‎, uBlock filters – Badware risks‎‎, uBlock filters – Privacy, uBlock filters – Unbreak, Adblock Warning Removal List, EasyList, Peter Lowe’s Ad server list‎, EasyPrivacy, Malware Domain List‎, Malware domains, Fanboy’s Social Blocking List‎, GRC: Greek AdBlock Filter‎

RESULT: First 3 tests: "yes"
Last test: "your browser has a unique fingerprint"

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Hah.. I am laughing because that's what happened to me. I thought oh no! and installed badger and it came off 3 mins later after much lag =)

I had the same result, passed the first 3 and then had unique fingerprint. For which of course the easiest to grab solution is... privacy badger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.