Troubleshoot How often must we replace Thermal Paste?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Now its cool and around 50'c . But sometimes it exceeds 70'c
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Cleaned my CPU Fan 3 weeks back to fix it.
Hi Friends, I experience sometimes a lot of heat from my laptop. I get around 80 'c sometimes. So could this be a problem of my heatsink thermal paste? If so should i replace it? Which would be a perfect Paste as there are many vendors out there.
All suggestions are welcomed.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Did you use the pea method for applying TIM? AS5 is the best in the market and did you know that AS5 needs a burn-in time of 200hrs for best results. I'm using AS ceramique 2 which is very good, decreased 5-10C on cpu & gpu.

Reactions: Koroke San
Upvote 0

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Did you use the pea method for applying TIM? AS5 is the best in the market and did you know that AS5 needs a burn-in time of 200hrs for best results. I'm using AS ceramique 2 which is very good, decreased 5-10C on cpu & gpu.
That's not quite true, currently the best on the market is Coollaboratory Liquid Pro/Ultra but since it's 100% metal based I will never recommend it to somebody who is not used to applying thermal paste.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Purshu_Pro : As @Enju mentioned try to check it, the replacement is very expensive if still persist which you don't want as an outcome. Many users posted on many forums regarding this problem and I think its just isolated case.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro
Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well friends I will try to re-assemble my laptop and check it. If it get fixed I will be happy , if not I will buy a LCD monitor !

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well I am happy to say that I have fixed my screen issue by reconnecting the connector as @Enju stated and as @jamescv7 taught. But as the discussions made above, I'm not satisfied with Arctic Silver 5 TP. It takes my computer temperature to 80 again. My average temp is now 55-60:(
So @Koroke San what would u like to say about this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Well I am happy to say that I have fixed my screen issue by reconnecting the connector as @Enju stated and as @jamescv7 taught. But as the discussions made above, I'm not satisfied with Arctic Silver 5 TP. It takes my computer temperature to 80 again. My average temp is now 55-60:(
So @Koroke San what would u like to say about this?
I think its normal temps(Mine idle's @55C), considering the fact, the room temp is greater than 27C in India right now, Where do you live? Mumbai or Delhi? Have you tried cleaning old paste with Q-tips and re-apply the paste with half of pea size? Also if possible, disable these service to check temp issue is solved:
1.Change startup type of all VMWare Services to manual, SQL writer service, Windows Phone Service(I can't remember the name of the service)
2. Have you compiled native Runtime after installing VS 2015 CE? Just compile it using, ngen eqi /nologo /silent for both x86 and x64 .net frameworks.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.