Troubleshoot How often must we replace Thermal Paste?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Now its cool and around 50'c . But sometimes it exceeds 70'c
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Cleaned my CPU Fan 3 weeks back to fix it.
Hi Friends, I experience sometimes a lot of heat from my laptop. I get around 80 'c sometimes. So could this be a problem of my heatsink thermal paste? If so should i replace it? Which would be a perfect Paste as there are many vendors out there.
All suggestions are welcomed.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Is it just me or do those idle temps seem high ?
I am running dual nVidia GTX 950 SSC and both idle no higher than 33 to 38 c, and while gaming on Ultra or High The Division between 55 to 60 c
PS Arctic silver products are what I use on my DigitalStorm system and recommend. PeAcE

Upvote 0

8-Bit Ghetto

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2016
Is it just me or do those idle temps seem high ?
I am running dual nVidia GTX 950 SSC and both idle no higher than 33 to 38 c, and while gaming on Ultra or High The Division between 55 to 60 c
PS Arctic silver products are what I use on my DigitalStorm system and recommend. PeAcE

You card is safe bro, you just over paranoid. GTX 950 maximum temperate is 95C, yeah 95C to cook your bacons while playing game :cool:.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That temperature are normal even its reached to 60 Degree Celsius, you must be worried if reach on 80 and more cause there is something wrong already on the components.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks Vasudev,
I read it wrong then I thought it was GPU temps with the topic being on Thermal paste and all.
I will read more closely next time. PeAcE

Reactions: Vasudev and frogboy
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.