New Update How Safe is Kaspersky Internet Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I personally do not agree with what he said about uninstalling, it seems he said it maybe to protect himself in the long run.

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
basically if your a consumer/home user and you are happy to line to pockets of russian tax man, then keep on using it.

the main issue is for foreign governments & enterprise, where there "is" a possibility that putin could weaponize it for state attacks...... (hes already weaponized the media, he could quite easily force any Russian business to do whatever he wants) No enterprise in their right mind would continue to use it with this possible risk

Putin isnt coming after your torrent collections, home users its up to you if you want to use it or not.
While it does have amazing tech & top notch detections, I'll be staying clear.

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
FFC4CC56-921D-4E9F-B122-A578002F0C91.jpeg

Peace to all ✌️✌️

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I talked to Kaspersky France about this via Facebook.
They clarified that no data is sent to Russia (even the activation of licenses), and that the KSN servers are spread over several countries (like Germany etc).

However, something that amuses me a bit... Why target only Kaspersky and not its compatriot Dr.Web which is also Russian?

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
I talked to Kaspersky France about this via Facebook.
They clarified that no data is sent to Russia (even the activation of licenses), and that the KSN servers are spread over several countries (like Germany etc).

However, something that amuses me a bit... Why target only Kaspersky and not its compatriot Dr.Web which is also Russian?
Well, to be fair, at least here in the States I don't know of a single IT professional who is pushing for Dr. Web. The "problem" is Kaspersky is easily one of the best performing AV products over a 20yr+ history. As a result, people really want to choose it for technical merits in the first place.

Speaking as someone from the USA who has been on the receiving side of USA government coercion, even in a (laugh now) "free country" it can be extremely extremely hard to resist government coercion. That's more of my hypothetical concern with Kaspersky and Eugene's history. If Russia really wanted to gain an advantage using Kaspersky software, are we really claiming there are zero ways for Russia to compel someone to target a non-Russian Kaspersky customer?

I've worked at a few very large USA companies and I cannot honestly tell you that. I've been in federal court before over issues like this and it's not pretty. And I still believe from a court standpoint the rules in the USA are a lot more fair than what a private or corporate entity would have in Russia.

(And BTW it's not just Kaspersky being targeted. I'm already seeing many other popular software being rejected in purchase orders because legal teams are concerned they are Russian. The financial sanctions being imposed against Russia are very wide reaching and unforgiving. That is my biggest concern with choosing a Kaspersky product at the moment)

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
It's safe...no competitors. Like a god is an object of love and faith.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
These arguments can be applied almost for every country (or specially to some specific ones We all know) / security product, no matter how democratic laws and courts They have.

I don't see CIA/NSA (in their hackings) asking to courts if They can spy or hack You. In this case it is worse, because in these cases they are countries that boast of being the freest and most democratic in the world, but then it is just a dead letter, for appearances, and whoever believes this is deluded.

L

Local Host

Well, to be fair, at least here in the States I don't know of a single IT professional who is pushing for Dr. Web. The "problem" is Kaspersky is easily one of the best performing AV products over a 20yr+ history. As a result, people really want to choose it for technical merits in the first place.

Speaking as someone from the USA who has been on the receiving side of USA government coercion, even in a (laugh now) "free country" it can be extremely extremely hard to resist government coercion. That's more of my hypothetical concern with Kaspersky and Eugene's history. If Russia really wanted to gain an advantage using Kaspersky software, are we really claiming there are zero ways for Russia to compel someone to target a non-Russian Kaspersky customer?

I've worked at a few very large USA companies and I cannot honestly tell you that. I've been in federal court before over issues like this and it's not pretty. And I still believe from a court standpoint the rules in the USA are a lot more fair than what a private or corporate entity would have in Russia.

(And BTW it's not just Kaspersky being targeted. I'm already seeing many other popular software being rejected in purchase orders because legal teams are concerned they are Russian. The financial sanctions being imposed against Russia are very wide reaching and unforgiving. That is my biggest concern with choosing a Kaspersky product at the moment)
You can't compare a country run for the corporations for a country run for the president, same applies to @harlan4096 argument, you can't compare both of those to a country run for the people.

There have been no bans here whasoever, and I'm not concerned about it either, no one cares about what third-parties say here, Kaspersky is innocent until proven guilty.

No one here takes anything the USA say seriously, everyone views them as the clown in class, as for Russia and Ukraine, we don't support the war, but we are smart enough to know Ukraine hasn't exactly been at peace for years now.

Both Putin and Eugene only stand to lose if they use Kaspersky in the war effort (nor it makes any sense).

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I was just checking out the prices of antivirus software. I was checking out Staples website, there is not one Kaspersky product on the list. This is in Canada by the way.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

DR Web does not like you if you live in the USA. Try downloading DR Web Curit from their site if you live in the USA. I can't do it, unless I set my VPN to Romania.
So, in their case they don't want your business if you live in the USA.

micasayyo

Level 3
Jan 31, 2022
Honestly, I don't know what is true about mixing: Kaspersky, Russia, Ukraine and Putin. For me, all points of view are valid both in favor of Kaspersky and against Kaspersky, but in terms of antivirus, I think that Kaspersky is the best. that I have installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.