Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I don't think KPM is rebranded SP anymore. They have optimised the product and added the ability to access your vault online. KPM is more stable than SP and consumes less resources. KPM does not slow down browsers (SP did some time ago). SP, on the other hand, offers lifetime license and supports more browsers than KPM does.
Right, KPM is no longer a StickyPassWord rebranded since some years ago, Kaspersky fully revamped all the code and the GUI...

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019

ebocious

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 25, 2018
Hello, I used to go with Lastpass, but now I have found a better option(IMO), Roboform Password Manager:)
I'm the other way around. I used to use RoboForm, until I realized it's not encrypted. It's possible to open the file in a fresh copy of RoboForm. With LastPass, even if their servers are breached, your password is the cypher that encrypts your data, and LastPass doesn't even know what it is. When you key a password to unlock the vault, it either works or it doesn't. Use a 25-character master password, combined with 2FA and offline access disabled, and you have a well-fortified vault. To top it off, LastPass syncs across all devices and integrates with even your mobile browsers for free.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
What is free on the internet it isn't actually free at all as it is always a price to be paid for free stuff, so my saying is: what is free it will definitely cost you more than a paid stuff but I was not always referring myself to online things. :)

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
StickyPassword has an option to synchronise your devices through a local WiFi connection instead of uploading your passwords into the cloud. That seems quite a good way of mitigating some risks to me- as your passwords go no further than your local devices. I'm not sure that any other password managers have this feature ?

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
And I can say they've done impressive work. I really like KPM

Yes. It is very immpressive. More polished than any other suite IMO.

Other suites PM: Why implement a password manager into your suite if you don't do it right? It makes your whole product look bad. Just shows sloppy work, so why should anyone trust your doing good work on your AV, the main part? I could name off a dozen suites, but I'll leave that part to other people.

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
StickyPassword has an option to synchronise your devices through a local WiFi connection instead of uploading your passwords into the cloud. That seems quite a good way of mitigating some risks to me- as your passwords go no further than your local devices. I'm not sure that any other password managers have this feature ?

One of the main reasons I was a SP user for very long time is Wifi Sync. SP offers no edge extension and is not updated regularly which makes me feel insecure.

Yes. It is very immpressive. More polished than any other suite IMO.

Other suites PM: Why implement a password manager into your suite if you don't do it right? It makes your whole product look bad. Just shows sloppy work, so why should anyone trust your doing good work on your AV, the main part? I could name off a dozen suites, but I'll leave that part to other people.

Yes KPM is really impressive; I find it a very hard challenge to stop using it. It covers all the aspects a password manager should cover but I wish if it supports more browsers.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
I can't decide even after years.
Keepass. Like it but browser extensions are not the best. However Kee extension is quite good but I'm not sure how safe is to use a 3rd party extension.
Sticky password is good but no TOTP feature and I need a 3rd party TOTP app.
1Password is good I have premium account but sometimes the browser extension is slow.
Lastpass I'm not sure. There are a lot of negative comments.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I can't decide even after years.
Keepass. Like it but browser extensions are not the best. However Kee extension is quite good but I'm not sure how safe is to use a 3rd party extension.
Sticky password is good but no TOTP feature and I need a 3rd party TOTP app.
1Password is good I have premium account but sometimes the browser extension is slow.
Lastpass I'm not sure. There are a lot of negative comments.
I don’t quite understand the complete hate for lastpass. They are closed source. So is most of the security software discussed on these forums. I get wanting to safeguard your privacy and not trusting big companies, but I’ve never had an issue using lastpass.

numike

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2018
Before You Use a Password Manager
In this article, I’ll start by examining the benefits and risks of using a password manager.

• Thanks
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Password Managers help but aren't a panacea. A determined and/or well funded, or exceptionally advanced hacker can still blow through them. There are technologies far more advanced that can bypass virtually any security setup so plugging your PC in itself can place it at risk.

Unless you put a KVAR on your home circuits (Shunt Capacitor). Plug your PC Into an Isolation Transformer with a Material 31 Choke on the Isolation Transformers cord, they are going to hop in through your 60Hz connection and/or siphon 60Hz Sinewave variances from your Smart Meter and extrapolate your activities at a granular level. Or even better, put a Sinetamer on your whole panel, then a Isolation Transformer on your PC and call it a day.

So much of this stuff varies between feel good technology, security theater and discouraging low grade attackers looking for low hanging fruit. Against anything more serious, you are toast unless you know what you are doing. So use a password manager understanding what you are protecting against, without any illusions it insulates you from serious problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cortex

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
There are technologies far more advanced that can bypass virtually any security setup so plugging your PC in itself can place it at risk.
Unless you put a KVAR on your home circuits (Shunt Capacitor). Plug your PC Into an Isolation Transformer with a Material 31 Choke on the Isolation Transformers cord, they are going to hop in through your 60Hz connection and/or siphon 60Hz Sinewave variances from your Smart Meter and extrapolate your activities at a granular level. Or even better, put a Sinetamer on your whole panel, then a Isolation Transformer on your PC and call it a day. it insulates you from serious problems.

is this related to turbo encabulator?: :unsure::confused:

Tughlaq

Level 1
Jul 24, 2018
Password Managers help but aren't a panacea. A determined and/or well funded, or exceptionally advanced hacker can still blow through them. There are technologies far more advanced that can bypass virtually any security setup so plugging your PC in itself can place it at risk.

Unless you put a KVAR on your home circuits (Shunt Capacitor). Plug your PC Into an Isolation Transformer with a Material 31 Choke on the Isolation Transformers cord, they are going to hop in through your 60Hz connection and/or siphon 60Hz Sinewave variances from your Smart Meter and extrapolate your activities at a granular level. Or even better, put a Sinetamer on your whole panel, then an Isolation Transformer on your PC and call it a day.

So much of this stuff varies between feel-good technology, security theatre and discouraging low-grade attackers looking for low hanging fruit. Against anything more serious, you are toast unless you know what you are doing. So use a password manager understanding what you are protecting against, without any illusions it insulates you from serious problems.
For this kind of attack, a hacker has to customize his weapon according to my computer setup, which seems to be a rare possibility for a common person's perspective.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I stopped reading, when I got to: You can store passwords in your browser. It is like a vegan talking about, how to properly prepare the meat. :D

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I would not trust any browser with any password I have, not in a million years. On a side not Amazon (among others) asks me if I want to save my my router password etc with them :eek: Now I may not be the brightest person on earth but I'm not that stupid (though they probably know it anyway?) For passwords I use text files zipped together with a decent password using WinRar etc Maybe not invincible & may require more effort but it's mine & worked really well for years, & does not rely on anything else & can be used on any PC though with reduced security.

For this kind of attack, a hacker has to customize his weapon according to my computer setup, which seems to be a rare possibility for a common person's perspective.
I do use an isolation system/UPS not for security but to protect against & spikes/outages - I'm on 50h Hz BTW lol :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.