Troubleshoot How to clean all registered security programs in Windows defender center?

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Some software registered on windows center
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
yes
Hi there yesterday i tryed to install for testing forticlient and it prompt me some security software was installed on my pc. Is more time i dont use those programs, and i think some of them have "traces" on windows center and are still registered as av, firewall, etc. I tryed to use pc cleaners (wise 365, kerish doctor, etc) and give a look on windows disk for traces of those programs, but are not present. Any way for unregister those softwares from windows center?

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Copy and paste the below code into Notepad, save as BAT file and run as Administrator.
Code:
net stop winmgmt
CD C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM
RD /S /Q Repository
net start winmgmt
Can you simplify this procedure: once I copy this link to notepad, then How do I get to, run as administrator? I have right clicked and do not see this option, also maybe my motives are not good?, as I hoped this might be a option to clean unnecessary traces I may have. Thanks

Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Note, that when you reset WMI repository, some apps might fail and might need to be reinstalled (particularly those using MSI installer).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Here's another method which is safe.
Install this and then scan:
After finishing the scan, it will automatically open two text log files. In the log named "Addition" you'll see entry related to Windows Security Center like this:
a.PNG

If you see entry of any AV than you don't have currently installed then select that whole line and copy:
s.PNG

Now in the folder where you have FRST.exe located, create a txt file named "Fixlist" without the quotation mark and paste the copied entry there.
d.PNG

Now open FRST.exe and click on Fix.
That's it (y)

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
This is what I do.
Go to a command prompt and run wbemtest
• Click the Connect button
• Replace root\default with root\securitycenter2 and click Connect
• You will be returned to the original screen, now click the Enum Classes button, leave the Superclass info box that appears as is (empty) and click OK
• On the Query Results screen, highlight AntivirusProduct and choose the Delete button.
• Close the Query windows and exit wbemtest
I got the directions from this link. In recent versions of Windows, you need to use root\securitycenter2 instead of root\securitycenter, which is why I changed it in the quoted text.

Upvote 0

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Can you simplify this procedure: once I copy this link to notepad, then How do I get to, run as administrator? I have right clicked and do not see this option, also maybe my motives are not good?, as I hoped this might be a option to clean unnecessary traces I may have. Thanks
There you go.
Download it do your desktop and run as Administrator from the right click.

Upvote 0

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Here's another method which is safe.
Install this and then scan:
After finishing the scan, it will automatically open two text log files. In the log named "Addition" you'll see entry related to Windows Security Center like this:
View attachment 241605
If you see entry of any AV than you don't have currently installed then select that whole line and copy:
View attachment 241606
Now in the folder where you have FRST.exe located, create a txt file named "Fixlist" without the quotation mark and paste the copied entry there.
View attachment 241616
Now open FRST.exe and click on Fix.
That's it (y)
I have a similar issue with ghost antivirus and firewall programs also showing! Will use this. Thanks!

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.