How to clear windows events on trust center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
hi i am trying to clear events on windows trust center. I use ccleaner to delete that but now i am trying to do not use ccleaner how can i do it manually before in windows 8.1 and windows 7 i can run a bat file whith this content (comands)

:: Created by: Shawn Brink
:: Windows 10 Forums
:: Tutorial: Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

for /F "tokens=*" %%a in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO wevtutil.exe cl "%%a"

Are a another way to delete windows trust center logs?

Here are a tutorial i follow

Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I tont like to see errors on trust center and event log it makes me nerveous, i feel my system are bad by every chrome crashes for example

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I tont like to see errors on trust center and event log it makes me nerveous, i feel my system are bad by every chrome crashes for example
Don't be. Those log entries are harmless to your computer. In contrary, they can help you troubleshoot if something is wrong with how the system is working. :)

Every system will have errors everyday. I'm sure mine has error log entries. :)

P

plat1098

I understand this. Internet Explorer splatters the event viewer constantly with red here, and after a while, it gets old, also in reliability monitor. BUT, for me the event viewer is on occasion a very valuable early warning system for potential hardware failure, as evidenced by scads of WHEA logger warnings but no outward signs the new computer was failing. Two days later, the motherboard died but I was already prepared. Various DCOM errors that have impeded startup also point me in the right direction via the registry. For beta software testing, it's a must.

I clear it out manually every once in a while because it looks snarky. I find it a very useful tool but I also understand where you're coming from, @Aktiffiso. :). The vast majority of entries are informational, even many of the errors.

Reactions: XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I think the Event Viewer cleans itself up after several days (or a month?).

HitmanPro.Alert relies on Event Viewer when it logs a detection. After several days or a month, the counter decreases or resets to 0. :)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
As has already been mentioned, errors in Event Viewer usually don't matter. Clearing these errors from Event Viewer does not fix anything. It does not prevent the errors from happening again, it just means you can't see the errors that have already occurred.

Reactions: XhenEd

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Yeah but for example have a red X for a simple chrome crash orhave a red X for a force shutdown for me is excesive and i dont like to see. I know delete logs does not repair errors and i know sometimes helps to investigate but when sone try to investigate is too late

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Yeah but for example have a red X for a simple chrome crash orhave a red X for a force shutdown for me is excesive and i dont like to see.
I understand. (y)
But I can't help you with what you want to accomplish. I just don't know how. :)

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
P

plat1098

Yeah but for example have a red X for a simple chrome crash orhave a red X for a force shutdown for me is excesive and i dont like to see.

Yes, that's Windows for you. Errors and warnings are only red and yellow, criticals have a little X and there is otherwise no ability to differentiate the severity of whatever you're seeing, they all look bad at first glance. Everybody with Windows has the same deal. You have to read the descriptions. Like I said, the vast majority are informational. Some aren't but chances are very good, you'll have an idea if/when the machine acts out of the ordinary. That would be the time to consult the viewer and see what's going on.

By the side, event viewer is a fave of scammers who want to shove it in your face that your machine is at death's door. Via Administrative Events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.