Solved How to Copy Windows Mail files to flash drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisher_girl

Thread author
Verified
Jun 1, 2013
I've tried to research how to copy mail files to a flash drive and it seems people have more questions than answers. I'm using Windows Vista. I'm having virus issues so I want to copy as many files as I can to flash before trying the fixes that have been suggested. I'm fairly sure the infection did not enter through email.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. -fishergirl.. (catch and release)

niyatj

Jun 20, 2013
From where you want to copy mail its from Gmail or any other application

You can configure thunderbird or outlook from thunderbird you can move or copy mail to localfolder and from to pen drive

In outlook to can export mail to pst file

Upvote 0

fisher_girl

Thread author
Verified
Jun 1, 2013
ddukaj said:
whats your email client?

I'm using the email that comes with windows. I'm using windows Vista. To be clear. I'm using windows. When I click on start the panel opens and it says Windows Mail.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
To export Windows Mail messages from Windows Mail, do the following:

1. Open Windows Mail application.
  2. Once opened, go to the top and click File > Export > Messages
    A new window should appear
  3. Once that has, click Microsoft Windows Mail and click Next
    A new window should appear telling you where to to save the messages.
  4. Click Browse to select a location to save the messages. (Ideal spot at the moment is on your Documents).
    A new screen should appear.
  5. If you want to Select All Folders to be exported then leave that checked, and click Next.
  6. It should say, "Your messages were exported in Windows Mail format."

I'm assuming you know how to copy the file to a USB? or was it the whole procedure on how to copy that file to a USB/Flash Drive?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.