Troubleshoot How to create a Windows 10 USB ISO on Samsung Chromebook W?

Duane Blomberg

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2017
How can I create windows 10 usb iso on this laptop?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180310-102340.png
    Screenshot_20180310-102340.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 374
D

Deleted member 65228

You can install Windows 10 on a Chromebook but you'll require another system for preparation.

Anyway, why would you want to install Windows on a Chromebook? They're designed to use ChromeOS, it comes with the package for it to be a secure environment. ChromeOS has less attack vectors than Windows, OS X and traditional Linux because it provides less usability and features which are enabled/supported, it's also a custom Linux (all Google's OS's are, including Android).

I recommend you get another normal system for using Windows if you need to use Windows and keep your Chromebook running ChromeOS for normal tasks you do not require Windows for; you can also remotely connect to the Windows machine from your Chromebook with the aid of an extension.

Unless you really need to use Windows, I recommend against using it. If ChromeOS is capable of doing what you need to do (e.g. web-browsing and online banking, some document editing (you can use Google Docs), listening to some online music) then it should be sufficient.

Stay cautious of malicious Android applications, rogue Google Chrome extensions and online phishing attacks though - those attack vectors will still be present.

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Unless you really need to use Windows, I recommend against using it. If ChromeOS is capable of doing what you need to do (e.g. web-browsing and online banking, some document editing (you can use Google Docs), listening to some online music) then it should be sufficient.

Stay cautious of malicious Android applications, rogue Google Chrome extensions and online phishing attacks though - those attack vectors will still be present.

Agreed. Interestingly, we're finding Chromebooks to be highly capable. My daughter is into graphic design and is now exclusively using Chromebook as there are some powerful design apps on it now. The best part, her school uses them, so she can login to the same Chromebook with her school credentials and function just like she is at school. :)

The only vectors are limited to what you mention, a good powerwash will clean everything up nicely though in the event a bad extension or android app gets thrown on. Bit Defender Traffic Light works perfectly on Chromebooks to provide that link/phishing protection.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I know iOS will prompt for your iCloud password when accessing your account details in the Settings, or purchasing apps from the App Store when TouchID is not active.

What do you mean?
Sounds to me, something to Unlock an iCloud account on an Apple product, by where the password is unknown (second-hand product).

"You must know that iCloud prevents you from using your iPhone or iPad if you forgot login details or if you have bought it from Amazon, Ebay etc, and the original owner also forgot his login information. But, with our software you can Unlock/Bypass iCloud by yourself in less than 10 minutes."
upload_2018-3-11_16-13-1.png

i was wanting to find a program for icloud unlock program
Couldnt find any other then for windows os
If the Apple device is legally yours, then why not perform a password reset?
Recover Your Apple ID - Apple

There's always a risk by sharing your IMEI number, so you can check if the device has been Stolen or not:
IMEI Check / ESN Check | Swappa

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.