Advice Request How to debloat Windows 11

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

zkSnark

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
I have basically disabled and removed everything, like all store apps then I have installed those I want and so on. Again, this is for me, you need to create your own setup.
I installed fresh Windows 11 on VM and tried all the bat files from your Github... impressive performance, better than Sophiapp. However, when running them, there were few errors, probably due to many apps not being installed on the fresh installation.

Do you have a GUI version so that I can select/deselect according to my needs? If not, how do I customize the bat files for my needs (laptop used mainly for browsing but not gaming)?

Reactions: Sorrento

zkSnark

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
I installed fresh Windows 11 on VM and tried all the bat files from your Github... impressive performance, better than Sophiapp. However, when running them, there were few errors, probably due to many apps not being installed on the fresh installation.

Do you have a GUI version so that I can select/deselect according to my needs? If not, how do I customize the bat files for my needs (laptop used mainly for browsing but not gaming)?
@TairikuOkami Previously, I had run your files without using AV. Today, I ran "Windows Tweaks" bat file, but Bitdefender prompted for malicious application and stopped the process.

tweaks-error.png
Is there anything I need to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sorrento

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@TairikuOkami Previously, I had run your files without using AV. Today, I ran "Windows Tweaks" bat file, but Bitdefender prompted for malicious application and stopped the process.

Is there anything I need to do?
I believe you need to uninstall BD, my friend. Then disable Defender when it becomes active. My best 2c.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
There are several ways to debloat Windows 11 and improve its speed performance without using custom modded OS. Here are some recommendations:

1. Uninstall unnecessary built-in apps: Windows 11 comes with many built-in apps that you may not need. You can uninstall them to free up space and resources. Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, select the app you want to uninstall, and click on Uninstall.

2. Disable unnecessary startup programs: Some programs automatically start with Windows 11, which can slow down the system. Go to Task Manager > Startup, and disable the programs you don't need.

3. Disable unnecessary services: Windows 11 has many services running in the background that you may not need. Go to Services, identify the services you don't need, right-click on them, and select Properties > Startup type > Disabled.

4. Use a debloating script: There are several debloating scripts available on GitHub that you can use to remove unwanted features, apps, and services from Windows 11. One such script is Debloat Windows 10, which also works on Windows 11.

5. Use a third-party optimization tool: There are several third-party optimization tools available that can help improve Windows 11's performance. One such tool is CCleaner, which can clean up junk files, optimize the registry, and disable unnecessary startup programs and services.

These are some of the ways to debloat Windows 11 and improve its speed performance without using modded custom ISOs. However, it's always advisable to be cautious when using third-party tools and scripts, and make sure to create a system restore point before making any changes.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
as some member said in this thread before , do not run scripts if you do not know exactly what they do or how they function. for debloat there are some trusted tools llike o&o shutup and o&o appbuster there is one guy on youtube , who does some magnificent optimization guides on youtube called " tech yes city " you might want to check him out.the best thing about his tips and tricks , that all the tweaks he does are reversable! but the downside is , that you will have to do them all manually.

Between Chris Titus Tech's videos and his way of Windows debloat, and this you mentioned, which one of these guys you recommend most?

Zappathustra

Level 2
Jul 1, 2019
Don't use custom ISOs downloaded from the Internet. Not only for obvious security reasons, but because they weren't made with your specific needs in mind. Instead, create your own custom debloated, decrapted ISO using MSMG Tookit. Just follow the instructions in this video.

In the video he's doing it for Windows 10, but the steps are the same for 11. Grab the ISO image directly from Microsoft here.

I made my custom Win10 that way (i won't touch 11 for a myriad of reasons) and the result is great: a lite OS without any of the crap that Microsoft almost forces you to use.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Don't use custom ISOs downloaded from the Internet. Not only for obvious security reasons, but because they weren't made with your specific needs in mind. Instead, create your own custom debloated, decrapted ISO using MSMG Tookit. Just follow the instructions in this video.

In the video he's doing it for Windows 10, but the steps are the same for 11. Grab the ISO image directly from Microsoft here.

I made my custom Win10 that way (i won't touch 11 for a myriad of reasons) and the result is great: a lite OS without any of the crap that Microsoft almost forces you to use.
Bookmarked! Thanks. 🙏

P.S. Luv your handle! Two icons. :cool:

zkSnark

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
After trying more than 20 debloat programs, the best one I found is Windows On Reins (WOR) - GitHub - gordonbay/Windows-On-Reins: Wor is a Powershell script to harden, debloat, optimize, enhance privacy, avoid fingerprinting and improve performance on Windows 10 and 11.
However, it has not been updated to work with the latest update of Windows 11, thus, WOR freezes on the new versions.

The next one that works second best, which I am using now, is a combination of two programs:
Chris Titus Tech's Windows Utility - GitHub - ChrisTitusTech/winutil: Chris Titus Tech's Windows Utility - Install Programs, Tweaks, Fixes, and Updates
Hellzerg Optimizer - GitHub - hellzerg/optimizer: The finest Windows Optimizer

Alexai

Level 3
Aug 12, 2023
After trying more than 20 debloat programs, the best one I found is Windows On Reins (WOR) - GitHub - gordonbay/Windows-On-Reins: Wor is a Powershell script to harden, debloat, optimize, enhance privacy, avoid fingerprinting and improve performance on Windows 10 and 11.
However, it has not been updated to work with the latest update of Windows 11, thus, WOR freezes on the new versions.

The next one that works second best, which I am using now, is a combination of two programs:
Chris Titus Tech's Windows Utility - GitHub - ChrisTitusTech/winutil: Chris Titus Tech's Windows Utility - Install Programs, Tweaks, Fixes, and Updates
Hellzerg Optimizer - GitHub - hellzerg/optimizer: The finest Windows Optimizer
Have you tried windows decrapifier or privacysexy? I'd like to have your opinion :)

Alexai

Level 3
Aug 12, 2023

...\Toolkit_v13.5\Bin\ToolKitHelper.exe

Defender identifies it as a

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.