How to delay autostart apps?

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
GData had an option with that, now I replaced it after its lately buggy behavior and switched to Emsisoft, I could not find how for example to delay start google sync or other non rilevant apps. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Via Task Scheduler or if you run exe as a service, set it to Delayed (Delayed services wait to start until all of the Automatic services have started).

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
With Microsoft Autoruns, I check the Logon and Task Scheduler tabs for apps I don't want to start with Windows. I do that every month cause apps, after updates or upgrades, want to start with Windows. My computer boots in about 20 seconds. I measure it with my Iphone. Not very science proof but it gives me a hint. To measure it more precisely, I had to allow another app to boot with Windows like Glary Utilities or Winpatrol (delay) .So I don't try to delay but watch what apps want to start with the system. I'ts a never ending job!

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
Via Task Scheduler
It looks annyoing to find every app and parameters, also will this remove such app from autostart automatically?

or if you run exe as a service, set it to Delayed (Delayed services wait to start until all of the Automatic services have started).
This is worth a check, where do I find the services?

With Microsoft Autoruns
Downloaded, tomorrow I'll try it, by the look it is what I was looking for though.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Autoruns doesn't require running as administrator, but most of the time, to disable a startup entry, I have to do it. So,I right click on Autoruns and simply run it as administrator.

After i had installed Windows 1903, I ran Autoruns, Save. It gave me a file named AutoRuns.arn. In a few months, I will go to File, Compare, to look at the changes made to my computer. It will be easy to reverse the changes I don't want to keep.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Can you run a regular program as a delayed service? If so, how?
I have not actually tried it myself, just read about it, you need third party utility to enable it, like Launcher Service or Winserv.
But looking at them, they probably will not work on Windows 10. SrvStart is not even available for download anymore.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.