How to delete Large Malwarebytes "Scan Window" upon login?

hate!ads!999

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 3, 2016
Just 2 questions from a rookie: I just installed Malwarebytes Pro (bought the "lifetime" disc); it apparently installed w/ no problems, and I performed a full scan w/ no problems. I also thought I selected to perform weekly partial scans (??) QUESTIONS: (1) Now- upon login, I always get the large Malwarebytes "scan window" that includes a top toolbar, and choices of scans - How do I DELETE this (annoying) window? (2) HOW DO I ACCESS this app so to schedule scans, etc? (there's no evidence that my weekly scans were performed) When I "open" the shortcut icon on my desktop, a popup asks me if its OK "to make changes" (is properly installed on my hard drive) - is this normal, or do I access as "Administrator"? --- Sorry, there are NO instructions on how to USE this app, and it doesn't appear intuitive, to me anyway.
THANKS to anyone who can help me with these simple, rookie ???s !!!

hate!ads!999

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 3, 2016
Just 2 questions from a rookie: I just installed Malwarebytes Pro (bought the "lifetime" disc); it apparently installed w/ no problems, and I performed a full scan w/ no problems. I also thought I selected to perform weekly partial scans (??) QUESTIONS: (1) Now- upon login, I always get the large Malwarebytes "scan window" that includes a top toolbar, and choices of scans - How do I DELETE this (annoying) window? (2) HOW DO I ACCESS this app so to schedule scans, etc? (there's no evidence that my weekly scans were performed) When I "open" the shortcut icon on my desktop, a popup asks me if its OK "to make changes" (is properly installed on my hard drive) - is this normal, or do I access as "Administrator"? --- Sorry, there are NO instructions on how to USE this app, and it doesn't appear intuitive, to me anyway.
THANKS to anyone who can help me with these simple, rookie ???s !!!

Whooops; its after 3 hrs since this query, and no one's answered, even to say that I've posted in error :)) ---> Appears that I've miscalculated where/whom to ask re these non-real- malware ??s...I'll try malwarebytes directly...ps: happy holidays 2016, everyone, anyway - you'd helped me previously with actual malware problems :))

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.