Guide | How To How to disable ads in uTorrent

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

nikkaundilya

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
The most popular file sharing service “Torrent” has upgraded its client with new features and started showing ads. I know that everyone does not like ads being shown above there downloads. So here I’ll be sharing a method for disabling the ads in uTorrent. This method does not require any external software. Disabling of ads can be done by minor tweaks in the setting of the Utorrent client.

Its begins with opening your uTorrent client. Click on options and open preferences.
torrent1.jpg

Now got to advanced in the left panel of the uTorrent client.

In the search bar found in the right panel of the advanced tab, start typing the following text to access the settings for it.
left_rail_offer

torrent3.jpg

Read complete tutorial at here

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Interesting, Even with this option I am still sticking to the non-bloated no ads uTorrent 2.2.1 version which still performs excellent for me.

Thanks for sharing this information tho! :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I switched to qBittorrent after upgrading to Windows 8. Thanks for the share, if I ever return to uTorrent, I know what to do.

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
I switched to qBittorrent after upgrading to Windows 8. Thanks for the share, if I ever return to uTorrent, I know what to do.

same for me, do you have the feeling that qbittorrent takes long time to start a download?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I was on an older version of uTorrent and just updated recently so this is very useful.Thanks for this post.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Excellent guide!!

After BitTorrent, Inc. bought uTorrent it was doomed.
Just kept getting more bloated with junk. The same thing applies to Vuze, Frostwire, Bittorrent and BitComet (less bloated then the rest).

Like other members here, I moved to qBittorrent.
Free Download Manager, Tixati, Halite and Transmission-Qt are other bloat-free options.

Most of the torrent applications are no longer in development.

Enjoy!!:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.