Guide | How To How to Disable Logon Screen in Windows 8 & 7

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Many user who had used windows 7 don't put password in the user account now if they are using windows 8 they also want to remove the logon screen so that the pc start without asking the password.

Steps:
1. Start Run.
2. Type netplwiz
3. Under User tab select the user then untick the checkbox as mentioned in the image.

Pass.png

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Disabling this though will raise the risk of people getting into your machine. I prefer to always have to type a password even if it might be 35-100 characters long I like to be safe than sorry.

Nice guide none the less. :)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
McLovin said:
Disabling this though will raise the risk of people getting into your machine. I prefer to always have to type a password even if it might be 35-100 characters long I like to be safe than sorry.

i know Disabling will increase the risk of of people getting into your machine but then also many users who are living i joint family and use single computer they don't use to put a password this guide are for them

D

Deleted member 178

McLovin said:

Unknown said:
i know Disabling will increase the risk of of people getting into your machine but then also many users who are living i joint family and use single computer they don't use to put a password this guide are for them

Trust no one even your family in matter of computer security, they are the second main vectors of infection.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Unknown said:

True, but having so many users on one account (well I would) would get things/files mixed up, so having 2 accounts or more there would be good. Also a good idea to have it enabled so that if you have a child in the house that likes to get around sites and what not then he/she has the perfect opportunity to do so.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
McLovin said:
True, but having so many users on one account (well I would) would get things/files mixed up, so having 2 accounts or more there would be good. Also a good idea to have it enabled so that if you have a child in the house that likes to get around sites and what not then he/she has the perfect opportunity to do so.

Yes right

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
People who are lazy enough not to password protect their desktop/laptop are same who forget to put keys on locker/house.

Thanks Unknown for share

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Stranger said:
People who are lazy enough to password protect their desktop/laptop are same who forget to put keys on locker/house.

Thanks Unknown for share

Most Welcome

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
i knew, how to do that in Win XP, but had no idea about Win 7/8.....
but, i would like to use my pc with password
Thanx for the tip :)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
tapoo said:
i knew, how to do thatin Win XP, but had no idea about Win 7/8.....
BTW, i would like to use my pc with password
Thanx for the tip :)

welcome yes even prefer to protect my laptop with password

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.