App Review How To Fix Memory Leak In Windows 10 - Two Easy Methods Explored

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Did you had any memory leak issues in Windows 10?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
How many RAM you have? What you meant by "high" with chrome?
I have 8GB RAM.

What I meant was in the past using windows 8.1 I could have easily 20 tabs of chrome without any problems with lack of memory/RAM in any way. However with the update to windows 10, when I have even 5 to 10 tabs open, I'm running with high RAM usage already, and sometimes I would get the warning box to shut off some apps to clear some RAM. This is definitely a windows 10 compatibility issue because my friends who have surfacepro laptops can do the same with windows 10 with no issues.

L

Lucent Warrior

I have 8GB RAM.

What I meant was in the past using windows 8.1 I could have easily 20 tabs of chrome without any problems with lack of memory/RAM in any way. However with the update to windows 10, when I have even 5 to 10 tabs open, I'm running with high RAM usage already, and sometimes I would get the warning box to shut off some apps to clear some RAM. This is definitely a windows 10 compatibility issue because my friends who have surfacepro laptops can do the same with windows 10 with no issues.
At 16 gig of Ram on windows 10 AU google chrome , 20 tabs open only 16% ram usage, i would state that you are correct assuming something else is the cause.

Reactions: DardiM and frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

I have 8GB RAM.

i have 6gb, can open 40+tabs without issues. Something is wrong on your system. try uninstall Chrome, clean the system, and reinstall it.

Reactions: DardiM

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good steps, honestly the numerous cumulative updates for Windows 10 should solve those RAM/CPU leaks.

I've suffered some minor issue on my system and everything fixed because of updates.

Reactions: DardiM

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
i have 6gb, can open 40+tabs without issues. Something is wrong on your system. try uninstall Chrome, clean the system, and reinstall it.
At 16 gig of Ram on windows 10 AU google chrome , 20 tabs open only 16% ram usage, i would state that you are correct assuming something else is the cause.
alright shall switch back to it to monitor it again

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.