Advice Request How to get back Kaspersky old Parental Control

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I haven't tried it yet:

To get back Parental Control, please do the following:
  1. Disable Self-Defense in Kaspersky
  2. Exit Kaspersky
  3. Press Win+R → type “regedit” → Enter
  4. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.x*\environment (*x = 1 or 2)
  5. Find the SuggestSafeKids key
  6. Double click on its value and change from 1 to 0.
  7. Run Kaspersky
  8. Enable Self-Defense
  9. Enjoy Parental Control
Source

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
My kids are 5 and 4 approximately. They both know how to download from the Google store and do searches by voice so both have parental control installed, although I ended up choosing a specialized solution instead of Kaspersky

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Well Kaspersky has also a more complete product than old Parental Control -> KSKids

Yes, I know, I used it for a few months. But the product I'm using does allow me to check what they are watching, stops videos with bad content, even if it has an innocent name, allows me granular control of how much time I want them to use each application instead of a general usage limit, etc.

I don't want to derail the thread though, just warning that the fact a child is 6 is not reason to not have some monitoring on their devices :)

Julian RO

Level 3
Oct 10, 2019
Captură ecran (3).png

Captură ecran (4).png

It worked for me.

foihgrad

Dec 19, 2021
I had a problem with Kaspersky's parental control. It didn't report anything, even though I set all the settings correctly. Sometimes it worked, but it would shut down after a few days. In the end, I also switched to a specialized third-party application. If I can mention it here, it is this Family Safety App to Monitor Child's Phone - Family Orbit®. It has all the services I need to monitor my child's activities, from filtering websites and videos with questionable content to checking text & call logger and GPS tracking. So far, I haven't encountered any problems in using it. Everything works great and as it should.

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.