How to Import Bookmarks to Opera 23. Is it safe to use Opera 12 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Does any one has figured it out? I have trying since long time. Even xmarks is not available. So any solution to import and sync bookmarks to and from opera 23.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
So is it good to use the old opera?

No, If you are opera fan just mannually make bookmarks if you are not than switch to any other browser as older version will have a lot security issues may be.

Chrome always rocks if you do not use any themes in chrome than i would suggest you give a try to Epic Browser.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
No fine i have been through LL BROWSERS so decided to settle with opera or IE. Since IE is not blocking ads completely with adons installed i am trying to move to opera, but opera is missing the feature of Bookmarks importing . So I'm confused which one to deal with.

Stoupa

Aug 18, 2014
Does any one has figured it out? I have trying since long time. Even xmarks is not available. So any solution to import and sync bookmarks to and from opera 23.
Hi,

sorry for my bad English
import is relatively easy - I use Opera25 Develop (perhaps it will be the same)

Opera12 --> import bookmarks to IE
Install Opera23 --> occurs automatic import bookmarks of IE ...

thats all ;)

EDIT:
oh sh*t ... Sorry, this possible only O25 Dev :(

EDIT II:
existing way --> Extensions:
https://addons.opera.com/cs/extensions/details/bookmarks-manager/?display=en

right up corner icon in Opera

relative good work ... ;)

Last edited:

Callender

Level 1
Verified
Aug 16, 2014
How to import bookmarks to Opera:

You don't say which bookmarks you want to import! Where from?

Whatever browser's bookmarks you're talking about - try this. Organise your existing bookmarks so that they've got a decent structure (Folders/ Sub-Folders containing relevant bookmarks) -Then export bookmarks to .html and save the file.

Install Google Chrome or a Chromium based browser. Personally I used Aviator browser.

Start your Chromium based browser and choose "import bookmarks from .html"

Once bookmarks have been imported close the browser and navigate to the bookmarks file.

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Aviator\User Data\Default

It will be a similar location for other Chromium based browsers.

Copy bookmarks and paste the file into your Opera profile.

I'm using Opera 22. Location to paste bookmarks is:

Opera/Profile/Data

Callender

Level 1
Verified
Aug 16, 2014
Is it safe to use Opera 12?

Well. yes if you've downloaded the update that patched Heartbleed vulnerabilities.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello, you should not use outdated software, especially browsers and operating systems because updates patch security holes and in general harden the security of your system (as-well as performance and bug fixes), you should always keep everything up to date.

Hope this helps, have a good day :)

Regards,
AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.