Advice Request How to install Comodo Firewall without the CIS suite and other queries

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
I'm considering installing Comodo Firewall, but without also including the other CIS programs. I found an installer titled cmd_fw_installer_138430009_eb.exe, v.12.2.2.8012, but the Description tab in the file properties states that it's Comodo Internet Security.

I'll try to install it anyway after I do an image backup, but I'm also wondering if Cruelsister's suggested firewall settings are among those that are found in her YouTube video found in this link.

Also do you think that DefenderUI set with Interactive profile plus Voodooshield Pro would function in harmony with Comodo Firewall?

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I'm considering installing Comodo Firewall, but without also including the other CIS programs. I found an installer titled cmd_fw_installer_138430009_eb.exe, v.12.2.2.8012, but the Description tab in the file properties states that it's Comodo Internet Security.

I'll try to install it anyway after I do an image backup, but I'm also wondering if Cruelsister's suggested firewall settings are among those that are found in her YouTube video found in this link.

Also do you think that DefenderUI set with Interactive profile plus Voodooshield Pro would function in harmony with Comodo Firewall?

Yeah, no. Don't do that. There's too much overlap between CPF and VoodooShield. Chose one or the other. I would expect conflict if you install them both. CFP is good, very good with cruelsister's settings. But, so is VoodooShield. If you prefer a HIPS then install CPF. If you find that to be too granular then i nstall VoodooShield.

Last edited:

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Thank you for the information. Since I've only recently bought Voodooshield and also installed DefenderUI, I should stay with those programs for now.

Maybe that's best. If you're looking at adding more security, perhaps look at Sandboxie. That'll isolate applications that can access the internet from your other drives/data. Then you'll have a set-and-forget-type of setup.

Reactions: ColonelMal

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
Maybe that's best. If you're looking at adding more security, perhaps look at Sandboxie. That'll isolate applications that can access the internet from your other drives/data. Then you'll have a set-and-forget-type of setup.
I used to have Sandboxie before it went open source. At the Sandboxie transition stage when its future was uncertain I changed to ReHIPS for a time, then I changed to Bitdefender and following that I installed Comodo Internet Security. Somewhere among those changes - I don't remember when - I also used Voodooshield. I've also tried Shadow Defender, but it was for a very brief time.

Recently I've been considering using Sandboxie, because the sandbox that was provided by Comodo Internet Security didn't work well for me. Perhaps I should try Sandboxie again. :)

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I used to have Sandboxie before it went open source. At the Sandboxie transition stage when its future was uncertain I changed to ReHIPS for a time, then I changed to Bitdefender and following that I installed Comodo Internet Security. Somewhere among those changes - I don't remember when - I also used Voodooshield. I've also tried Shadow Defender, but it was for a very brief time.

Recently I've been considering using Sandboxie, because the sandbox that was provided by Comodo Internet Security didn't work well for me. Perhaps I should try Sandboxie again. :)

Do it. Go through the tedious process of configuring it correctly, then use your computer never having to anything ever again.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
What happens if you install Comodo Internet Security and then you disable the AV component? Does that enable Microsoft Defender? Is the result similar to installing CFW? Is it true that you can't get CFW as a standalone anymore?

EDIT: I downloaded the installer mentioned by the OP and it turns out that it is a firewall standalone installer. So no problems.

Last edited:

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I installed Comodo firewall with cruelsister's settings and I also got Internet Security Essentials? Is this a program that I need? :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.