How to Install Panda Free Antivirus 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Hate the bundled offers, but It feels like I'm installing Windows 8.1 with that UI.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
The UI is different from the others, it is true.
There is no pop-ups or ads. You can disable "Panda News", I told this in the manual.
I have seen 0 (zero) ad from Panda for 4 days. It is not Avast, it is Panda. You can disable these pop-ups. The company does not force you to see these pop-ps ;) Thanks to these companies like Panda Security.
Never had any pop-ups, either.

Reactions: yigido
Y

yigido

Thread author
I don't mean that the UI is different in looks, I can deal with looks I prefer functionality over aesthetics myself.
The problem it has to speak the UI uses way too many resources and is mostly unresponsive. It hasn't changed since they started using the new UI. And when I tried to move said UI across my screen there was a massive delay and then it would jump around (in the particular area), sometimes it wouldn't even budge at all.

I've opted to just keep their url filter.
And you can? I feel slow now. lol
I see now, sorry I misunderstood you :) Yes, the UI has some lags. Needs to optimize.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
My brother installed it on desktop last 3-4 weeks ago and based from observation as follows:

1) It does not slowdown on XP system, nothing change on shutdown/boot time
2) No need to update cause its already automatic at primetime.
3) Detects 1-2 FP from WPS Office component at default settings.
4) No conflicts so far when MSE is installed although no need for additional capabilities.
5) Pro version blocks ARP IP address possible attacks without user interaction.

Overall: Its worth to install and can be in action within default settings although FP rate is a little bit high on some prevalence rate of legitimate files.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Thank you for posting! Do you have experience with the behaviour blocker, is it any good?

Previously I have tested Panda Cloud for personal review quite a few times.
Its BB was always like doesn't exist i.e never detected anything.

I dont know about the new version.
But as per couple posts here, it seems have improved.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Freddy,
I've noticed you have used both Panda cloud free antivirus and Bitdefender Antivirus free edition.
Detection wise, have you noticed if there is a huge difference between the two ?
Thanks in advance.
Circe
Previously I have tested both for my personal review.
I find Bd free better than Panda Cloud.
I find Bd free Active Virus Control excellent, one of the best BB in the market & comparatively a lot better than Panda Cloud.
And I must mention, have not tested Panda Cloud 2015. I am talking about Panda Cloud with old GUI.

I have tested Bd free offline too & performed good.

I used Bd free for quite a long time on Win 7 64 & never faced any probs.
Only occasional prob with Logs button not opening but was easily solved by exiting & restarting Bd free.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
New GUI looks like some advertisement window or flash game.

Y

yigido

Thread author
New GUI looks like some advertisement window or flash game.
No ads in the gui, the flash screen (I do not know how does it called) it only directs you to Panda Free Android version.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
No ads in the gui, the flash screen (I do not know how does it called) it only directs you to Panda Free Android version.
I meant the main GUI looks like some advertisement window or flash game.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Great article' after reading i might give Panda a run on my sons pc to see how it goes. Thanks @yigido :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I can confirm that when you are connected in the internet expect a pop up advertisement from lower right screen of your computer and it happens very often. ;)

Yes there's a bit slowdown on accessing the GUI but overall pretty much simple.

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Hi what's lighter for system Bitdefender free or panda cloud free.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Some AV products are integrated already and not mentioned on the features except USB Immunization which a different part.

Realtime File System will detect that immediately when malicious Autorun trying to write an information.

Y

yigido

Thread author
Some AV products are integrated already and not mentioned on the features except USB Immunization which a different part.

Realtime File System will detect that immediately when malicious Autorun trying to write an information.
Exactly, some features (like webshiled) just exist in software to hoodwink the users :D

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
So I tried out Panda and BitDefender and if the lighter is the panda has less imput lag.

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Hey exclude the shadow defender for panda cloud free tnx.What should I be excluded?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.