Advice Request How to install product update?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I'm currently using v16.0.0.614(d) version of KIS, and today Kaspersky just release v16.0.1.445, so how do I install this version? Do I have to download the KIS v16.0.1.445 and just install it on top of the v16.0.0.614(d)?

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I'm currently using v16.0.0.614(d) version of KIS, and today Kaspersky just release v16.0.1.445, so how do I install this version? Do I have to download the KIS v16.0.1.445 and just install it on top of the v16.0.0.614(d)?
What License u have trial or Commercial?

Its always recommended to remove the Product previously installed and then do a reboot and then install the new one

PS Kaspersky before uninstalling it asks to save LICENSE INFORMATION ...so tick that option and remove the existing
Then u can install the ne one !!!

P.s. If u have any difficulty removing the PRODUCT u can use kavremover (U will loose license if u use this TOOL)

http://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/ConsumerUtilities/kavremvr.exe

regards

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
What License u have trial or Commercial?

Its always recommended to remove the Product previously installed and then do a reboot and then install the new one

PS Kaspersky before uninstalling it asks to save LICENSE INFORMATION ...so tick that option and remove the existing
Then u can install the ne one !!!

P.s. If u have any difficulty removing the PRODUCT u can use kavremover (U will loose license if u use this TOOL)

http://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/ConsumerUtilities/kavremvr.exe

regards

I use Commercial license, and I have to perform a clean install oldest version in order to install newest version? Can I just install the newest version on top of the oldest version?

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
But if I tick keep everything, will it keep and apply the exclusions when I install the newest version?
It has done for me in the past but i generally "wipe the slate" except for LIC info, just to be sure!!
Anyway, it's easy to setup your exclusions from scratch;):)

Reactions: SloppyMcFloppy

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
But if I tick keep everything, will it keep and apply the exclusions when I install the newest version?
If u Tick to KEEP Everything ...it will KEEP Everything and u can transfer your license to new version after installationf Kaspersky MR1

dont forget to save your activation CODE on My Kaspersky Account!

regards

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
If u Tick to KEEP Everything ...it will KEEP Everything and u can transfer your license to new version after installationf Kaspersky MR1

dont forget to save your activation CODE on My Kaspersky Account!

regards

But will it automatically apply to the newest version after install?

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Thanks, and another question. What does MR and RC mean? Which one is beta and which one is for stable?
MR>Maintanance Release (Final Product with some essential fixes and compatibilty probs eg-Service packs of windows)
RC>Release Candidate(PRE-Final STAGE )

Below i'm showing u how to download latest and stable release
KIS
http://products.kaspersky-labs.com/english/homeuser/kis2016/kis16.0.1.445en_9529.exe
KAV
http://products.kaspersky-labs.com/english/homeuser/kav2016/kav16.0.1.445en_9527.exe
KTS
http://products.kaspersky-labs.com/english/homeuser/kts5/kts16.0.1.445en_9530.exe

Last edited:

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Thanks, and another question. What does MR and RC mean? Which one is beta and which one is for stable?
This is for your reffrence

Build= assembly, also last number of the product's version (12.0.0.xxx)Alpha-version = the beginning state of product's development, a version that may miss most of new functionality
Beta-version = a version that has the complete functionality andis ready to be tested by componentsRC,
ReleaseCandidate= a build that can become the releaseTR,
TechnicalRelease= a build technically ready to go in production (pending printing boxes, writing knowledge baseor help content etc.)CR,
CommercialRelease= the product on sale, the moment Technical support is responsible for the productCF,CriticalFix= build fixing critical bugs in the product and possibly some new functionality MR,
MaintenanceRelease=package of updates.Found bugs are fixedin MR as well asnew functionality can be added there. MR is analogous to ServicePacks of Microsoft produts.
Hotfix,Patch= urgent update fixing critical bugs

Regards

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I just uninstall v16.0.0.614(d), then reboot the system, then perform v16.0.1.445 and all my settings, exclusions, and license were transfer and apply automatically after finish install v16.0.1.445.

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.