How To never Worry About Malware Again!

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
I've used Acronis and Redo.....Both are great,but Redo hasn't failed as of yet(taps on wood)
Macrium seems interesting.I will certainly give a try.

Backups and Images save lives and time....and my line of work(Sys.Admin),it's quite crucial.:cool:

Reactions: frogboy

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I've used Acronis and Redo.....Both are great,but Redo hasn't failed as of yet(taps on wood)
Macrium seems interesting.I will certainly give a try.

Backups and Images save lives and time....and my line of work(Sys.Admin),it's quite crucial.:cool:
My choice is Macrium. Macrium has tons of videos on the Web and the program is very user friendly.
I really like the mount image feature. You can use that to copy and paste or drag and drop. Very nice and helpful feature
http://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50080.aspx

Reactions: Oxygen

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
My choice is Macrium. Macrium has tons of videos on the Web and the program is very user friendly.
I really like the mount image feature. You can use that to copy and paste or drag and drop. Very nice and helpful feature
http://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50080.aspx

Bro,you have just blown my mind.That is something I always wanted when trying to access data from an image(Aside from locating an exact PC model for my image to work or using VMWare)

Now,I have to download it and add it to my bag of tools.Thank you....O_O

Reactions: donetao

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Just for you @StriderHunterX ! And you are very welcome. Back ups are my specialty. I get all excited when I find someone that wants to pick my brain about back ups. Macrium is awesome, but there are a lot of good programs out there.:(
Capture48.JPG

Last edited:

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Never bothered with backups or restores till a month ago. I was using a program called ViceVersa Pro, but I didn't realise all it did was back up. It couldn't restore. That program would've been ideal if a person is changing hard disks (eg: mirror the system). For a small application, it really packed a punch.

I tried Rollback and it made me feel like a network admin, so I passed. Then I tried Macrium which wouldn't fully dowload the installer before crashing. Then I came across Acronis and all the anti-Acronis comments... lmao, didn't really phase me since I am only looking to backup. I have no care for differential or incremental since I do bugger all on the PC nowadays.

Don't under-estimate the importance of backing up. Coming from a bloke who laughed at anyone who ever mentioned to him to back up, it really does get your goat when you are forced to start from scratch, especially the draiiiiiiiiiiining Windows Updates "from scratch", not to mention the custom-tailored tweaks etc...

Regardless of what application one uses, the fact remains, just like the topic author mentioned... just back it up already, sheesh! Just as important are the directories that one excludes.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.