Troubleshoot How to recover files from deleted partition

Jogos

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 9, 2017
I would to add, to delete a partition was made by mistake entering a command -diskpart select disk 0 clean. I have only one C: \ drive now, what are the real chances of recovering all or part of the files?

Upvote 0

Gapp

Level 2
Verified
Mar 26, 2017
Way back 2013 I have an issue with my Seagate External drive which is where I save all my backup AutoCAD drawing files. I used Minitool power Data Recovery I availed via a promotion on a blog. I recovered all my files safely! That's why I also installed it in the office. The maintenance shop has all sorts of idiots using the desktop and just deleting things for space.

This type of software is not hosted in here as giveaway yes? Security and Backup only?

Upvote 0

Jogos

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 9, 2017
Sadly, some of my recovered files are corrupted (.mkv videos) :(

EDIT : Is it possible that another program will recover these files efficiently?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shadowave

Level 10
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
Sadly, some of my recovered files are corrupted (.mkv videos) :(

EDIT : Is it possible that another program will recover these files efficiently?
Yes, you have to try another recovery option from the same program used and after try other software.

Upvote 0

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
Bigger files, unfortunately, tend to get recovered corrupted. Fragmentation is the culprit, who have to deep scan the entire hard drive, so that the recovery software can find all the pieces and put it back together. This takes time, you have to be patient :)

Also, there is a chance that pieces are not put together in the right order... This also corrupts the files.

Reactions: Shadowave
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.